Pre-op DS patient has a question about PS

beth-28
on 6/15/11 9:24 am
I have a question that I hope a PS veteran could answer. I am (hopefully) going to have the DS surgery in late August-early September.  As my weight is right now (221), I have a prominant panniculus that hangs about halfway over my mons. I want a TT, and mons lipo after I lose my excess weight. I understand that most PSurgeons won't touch me until I've kept the weight off for at least a year. Here is my situation and my question:  I have a rather large (about 6 x 6 inches) area on my stomach starting just below my belly button extending to under the fold of the panniculus that is itching me to death for deveral days now. Its slightly red and raised.I go to my PCP on Friday and will ask him what it is.  If it is just a rash, is this something I can use this as "proof" my insurance co. should pay for the panni aprt of my future TT? I guess what I'm asking is since it seems to be a rash above the folded skin, does it count towards the documentation I will need to gather?

Am I making any sense at all? 

Thanks for any help. 
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/11 10:12 am - Yorktown, VA
Probably......I imagine your PCP will document that you have an abdominal rash or intertrigo and just leave it at that.  If he doesn't specify the exact location, then that might work to your advantage......
Most Active