Update...

aknewme
on 12/4/09 5:55 am
Woke 2 days ago with a horrid fever; all I do now is sleep and force myself to eat.  I am just not doing well with this sx.  I woke up late last night and my bed was wet...I thought I peed myself, but it was sweat.  I took a shower and my vision went blk, head started pounded.  I quickly grabbed my shower seat...glad it was close by.  I was in the shower for a hr, before my mom woke up and came in...glad I had her there and she woke up.

This morning (still sweating), I took another shower, but I stood up and it was better.  I hate looking at myself in the mirror b/c I dont see the results I paid for and all I do is cry.  

I still get the same ole bs from my ps "u look great", "give it time", "2-3mths u will see a difference"...blah, blah, blah...I compare myself to other women around 18days or less and they are standing str8 up, are active, even w/ swellin they have a beautiful difference.  I still feel like I look like the penguin from Batman. 

I totally regret this and wish I can turn back time and NOT do the sx.  I was active and wore a size 8 pants...I am not sure what Im wear post op bc I keep myself either nude or in a rode (that part isnt too bad...lol).

Ive even asked for my medical files and I STILL do not know what was documented and Im getting more and more frustrated w/ my PS.
Soaplady
on 12/4/09 6:53 am - Guilford, NY
Young lady, that fever could be a symptom of an infection and you need to get checked out. Can you see your family doctor soon? I would not delay.

I am sorry things are not to your liking just yet, but depending on what you had done, it could take quite a while to see the final result.

I dont know who you had do the surgery or what you had done but please, DO SEE YOUR MD SOON ABOUT THE FEVER. Give yourself time for swelling to go down. Some people swell like crazy. I have not and feel blessed...but that doesn mean I wont later.

Dont regret it until a few months down the road. Meanwhile...call the doctor, PLEASE?

Soapy
Leah H.
on 12/4/09 7:30 am - TX
The surgery might be better afterward a few months. But the fever I agree - GET TO THE DR If you're ps won't see you call your family doctor.

It doesn't sound like you're wearing a compression garmet either? (((Hugs)))

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

Jennifer Q.
on 12/4/09 7:31 am - Newton, NJ
I agree with Soapy, fever is never good.  Get to your MD. Pronto!! Keep us posted.

SW 241.6/ CW 138.8/ GW 140
    At Goal 12/11/2009          
playwithzoe
on 12/4/09 7:38 am
Doctor or emergency room NOW!  Could also be swine flu.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

aknewme
on 12/4/09 8:07 am

I live in this god forsaken binder and I wear it pretty snugged.

I dont have any discoloration or pus...not sure if it is an infection.  I have been taking Cold/Flu meds...seems to be helping alittle and c my PS on Monday, so hopefully, he does his job.  I had FTT w/ MR & LIPO on back. 

Leah H.
on 12/4/09 8:15 am - TX
Sorry you said nude or robe so I wasn't sure. Please consider going to the ER if you're fever gets worse

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

Soaplady
on 12/5/09 12:16 am - Guilford, NY
Honey, you could have a systemic infection...not a pus type infection. Regardless...a fever (especially with all that sweating...where you thought you peed yourself) is a symptom.
Symptoms are the body's way of saying SOMETHING IS WRONG....

Please go see your PCP. Maybe it is unrelated to the surgery but making you feel like crap and making you think the surgery was a bad idea.

Force fluids and protein. Dont skimp on these. Very important for post-op AND for general illness. (are you taking all your supplements too? not a time to neglect these either) Take a fever reducer (if your WLS allows) and CALL THE DOCTOR or hit the ER. Dont be foolish. If you feel like crap and do nothing..you will continue to feel like crap. It isnt necessary,.

good luck!

Soapy
playwithzoe
on 12/4/09 9:02 am
ER if you have any trouble breathing or are confused and disoriented.  When I had the swine flu I sweat so badly at night I soaked the bed.  Really the earlier you get Tamiflu the better.   By Monday if it's the flu you will be on the mend.  Good luck.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

Melissa M.
on 12/4/09 10:08 am - Seabrook, TX
Lipo can also cause a lot of swelling.  Don't worry about not standing straight.  I've heard some people on here say it took them 3-4 weeks.  I can't tell you how many times my PS told me to "give it time".  Sometimes I think I'm gonna swell forever!

If your fever isn't better you really need to get that checked out this weekend.  A lot can happen by Monday and it's better to be safe than sorry.

Take care.
Most Active