Using pain meds....

MultiMom
on 12/5/09 4:36 am - NH
I had my TT, without the muscle tightening 3 days ago. I am still taking one Percoset every 4 hours. This is the longest amount of time that I have taken pain meds through RNY, BA and gallbladder removal. How long did any of you stay on them??

The worst of my pain is right at the hip bones where the insicions start and end. My hip bones do protrude and the compression garment makes the incision really hurt right there.

Just wondering......
Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Jennifer Q.
on 12/5/09 6:12 am - Newton, NJ
Hey Martha I was wondering how you were doing...I had the MR with my TT and still cant do a thing! I tried  to get up and make dinner for my kids...didnt happen! I am back on the couch and had to take a percoset.  By day 3 after my c-sections I was doing much better than this and my RNY day 4 was the worst...so I am hoping. I have been alternating percoset then extra strenth tylenol every 4 hours.  It is managing the pain well. But I just cant do anything.  I hate that helpless feeling. 
I think the burning at my hip bones is the worst and then where the drains are also burns and hurts when I am up.  Anyway, I hope you you (and me) feel better tomorrow!!

SW 241.6/ CW 138.8/ GW 140
    At Goal 12/11/2009          
sonnieN
on 12/5/09 9:39 am - grand rapids, MI
I was on 1 darvocet every 4 hours for 7 or 8 days after I had my MTL & BA/BL. If you are feeling the pain, take the meds Still took the valium for muscle spasm for a couple of weeks, one in the morning and one at bedtime.

Sonya
Maureen K.
on 12/5/09 10:35 am
I was worries too but don't be take those til you don't need them anymore I took them for almost 2 weeks although by the second week it was just at nite to help me sleep through the pain.
try and take a surgical pad fold it iin half and place it for padding between the compressiongarmet it helps alot I had the same place with pain and the nurse taught me that trick it really helped.
Best Wishes

MO

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

M B.
on 12/5/09 10:37 am - Warrensburg, MO
I stayed on the Percoset for a week at least - sometimes I would wait 6 hours, just depended on the pain.  I never let it get bad, I figured - why suffer.  I would also alternate with the muscle relaxant that I was given.  That helped a lot too.  The only negative part I could figure was the constipation.  If I were you, I would not feel guilty for still taking the pain meds at only 3 days out.

Marilyn  
Weight at Consult - 247 / Goal weight - 145 
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"
Anchor cut tummy tuck on 11/12/09

azreggie
on 12/5/09 10:52 am - Tucson, AZ
I took them for at least a week and a half.  Then just at night so I could sleep comfortably.  Then I seemed to get better by leaps and bounds everyday.  Its so weird, its like the 2 week mark is the ticket.  Today I was washing windows, go figure.  I still get tired if I over due it, but that's to be expected.  Take the meds and take it easy.  I slept in my bed for the first time last night.  One bit of advice that I'm taking for sure is to rest.  I'm taking another week off from work, I have the time off so I'm taking it before I head back to the grind stone. Relax, you're doing just fine. 

Reggie

katiekat412
on 12/6/09 12:00 am
I had mine done in Mexico and was in the clinic for three days. They kept me on morphine for two days while I had the IV, and then switched me to oral on the third day. On the 4th day the doc tried to switch me to ibuprofen and that wasn't going to work at all. I took Tramadol and/or percoset about every 6-8 hours until the end of the first week. After that, I tried to take over the counter stuff, but continued to take the good stuff at night so that I could actually get some sleep (I was a stomach sleeper). I would say for the first 5 days, it was the muscle repair that caused me pain, but after that, it was the lipo. The first 5 days are the worst. I bet youll feel much better a week out.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

wendy_fou
on 12/6/09 1:38 pm - AR
I have my PS 11/19/09. 

As far as pain & discomfort goes, I noticed that I had a sort of positive turning point around day 3 and then again around the end of the 2nd week. 
Most Active