lipo swelling or surgery?

hazmat11
on 12/4/09 8:03 am
 Does the lipo cause the swelling or is it mostly from the surgery? I am scheduled for next Friday and do not plan any lipo with my thigh lift, I am wondering if it will make a difference with swelling by not having lipo. At least I do not think I am having lipo. I didn't ask for it.
Susie

katiekat412
on 12/4/09 11:26 am
Lipo causes much more swelling than just the surgery, but the surgery itself causes swelling too. Usually (but not always) lipo is part of the procedure even if you didn't ask for it, so that you get a good overall shape.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Melissa M.
on 12/4/09 1:04 pm - Seabrook, TX
Both cause swelling.  I think the more lipo you have the more it adds to the overall swelling.  I've also read that the those with more fat cells tend to hold on to fluid longer which can be another contributing factor.

Sometimes there may be a little lipo only to contour and shape the body better as opposed to having lipo for major fat removal purposes. 
wendy_fou
on 12/4/09 1:13 pm - AR
Lipo DOES cause swelling.  I know.  I just had it done 2 weeks ago.  Places that I was NOT cut but WAS lipo'd are a little bruised and swollen. 

You can have delayed bruising from lipo too.  I wasn't bruised AT ALL the first day or two post-op, then had places on me bruise on the 3rd day. 

If you're not sure, ask whether or not you will be lipo'd.  That's really something you should have either asked FOR or asked NOT to have done.  You should totally know that!!! 
Most Active