Tammy's here in Monterrey!

TammyGirl1
on 12/4/09 3:20 am - Oakley, CA

Just wanted to let yall know I made it safe and sound to the Hampton Inn here in Monterrey. My hubby dropped me off at the airport for a 12:30am flight. It was hard to say goodbye to him since I know he wanted to come with me :-(. Well, with the 3.5 hour layover in Houston I finally landed at around 11am (Monterrey time). I am happy to say that customs was a breeze for me! I went through and had my paperwork stamped. Then went on to have my luggage xrayed. The nice guy at the desk asked me what food I brought and I told him snacks and protein mix. He said push the red button and go on my merry way. I was like "what"?? I don't have to have my baggage searched? I was a really happy camper! Sergio (DR S's driver) was waiting for me at the exit. He is the nicest man! He is a tour guide also so he told me all about Monterrey on our drive to the hotel. Dr S is in surgery with Kaylyn right now so he couldn't pick me up. But Sergio said he wanted to make sure he called him since he was concerned that I came in alone and wanted to make sure I made it alright. I walked over to McDonalds for a quick lunch but have to know what is the exchange rate from you vets out there??? The Junior pack (kids meal) was $51.00....I know that is peso's but really weird to see that an icecream is $6.00. I just gave the kid a $20 not knowing how much it was. He was really nice too. Okay, well I think I am going to take a quick shower since I have been up all night on cramped airplanes.

Ohh..and thanks to all the well wishes from everyone on my earlier post..sorry I can't respond individually...

Tammy

TT, BL/BA, Lipo, FG/Booty, and small TLcompleted with DR Sauceda
SW 201 / GW 134 / LW 129 / CW 137.6
http://tammygirlsjourney.blogspot.com/

playwithzoe
on 12/4/09 3:24 am
yeah you made it!  get some rest.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/09 3:39 am - Haleiwa, HI
Glad to hear that you made it!  Customs was a breeze for me too, and I was also shocked.  I actually exchange my dollars to pesos when I was there, and I did it at HEB.  The bank on the corner by the HEB has a little better rate, but HEB wasn't a bad rate either.  I would get $20 worth at a time, and that seemed to work for me.  The exchange rate while I was in Monterrey was about $12-$13 pesos to $1, so you paid about $4 for your kids meal.  Icecream would have been less than 50 cents! 

Good luck tomorrow!!

Jessica
WildeWoman1
on 12/4/09 5:46 am

I am so glad you made it safe & sound - and McDonalds to boot!!

Get a good nice rest & keep in touch so we know you're doing.

Linda

Soaplady
on 12/4/09 6:59 am - Guilford, NY
Tammy, glad you got there safe and sound. The rate was 12.80 pesos/USdollar when I was there 2 weeks ago. It is posted at the front desk.

Have you seen that guy Daniel who works at the desk? He is so damned cute...reminds me of Will from Will and Grace..but straight! LOL

Well, you just enjoy that visit to Mty. It will go faster than you think and you will bond with your sisters-in-surgery.

Best wishes to you and please tell Kaylyn that my best goes out to her as well! And any others who came before K and after you. (please have a cafe latte with splenda for me at SB after a few days, ok?? It was theonly good coffee I had while there)

Keep us posted, Tammy!!

Teri
TammyGirl1
on 12/4/09 7:15 am - Oakley, CA

Teri, I believe I did meet him..he is a cutie :-). When Dr S comes gets me I will ask if I can see her..if she is up to it and post back to you guys later about her status. I will def have a latte for you..I will need the added protein I am sure.

Funny thing happened today. A transformer blew and the electricity went out for about 2 1/2 hours here at the hotel. Dr S said to take shower and he would pick me up at 8pm...humm without electricity that would be hard! But fortunately it came back on about 15 minutes ago so I could take my shower. I was going to take it earlier before the power went off but got sidetracked. Now I am fresh as flowers :-).

I will post how Kaylyn did and how Dee is doing too.

Tammy

TT, BL/BA, Lipo, FG/Booty, and small TLcompleted with DR Sauceda
SW 201 / GW 134 / LW 129 / CW 137.6
http://tammygirlsjourney.blogspot.com/

Leah H.
on 12/4/09 7:21 am - TX
Glad to see you posting. I am EXCITED for you.

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/09 7:40 am
Hi Tammy,

make sure you keep us Nor Cal's posted on how you are doing.  We will think of you tomorrow while we are having the festivities.  Be safe and have an uneventful surgery!
Lisa0719
on 12/4/09 9:08 am - PA
Tammy, your probably being picked up right now by Dr. S.  I'm so excited for you.  Good luck.

Lisa Mc

104 lbs lost now Maintenance BABY!!!! 

Mendee M.
on 12/4/09 9:12 am - Mulvane, KS
WOOOHOOOO Tammy!!! 

Get plenty of rest and post when you can!!
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
Most Active