Vitamins Pre Surgery

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/09 4:05 am
I was wondering if anyone stopped taking their multi vitamin because it had Vitamin E in it..I take Bariatric Advantage and I noticed it has 100% of your recommended daily allowance..I am in the pre surgery stage..Saw PCP today..having blood next week..
I'm getting nervous! 
Rebecca W.
on 12/3/09 4:21 am - Crestivew, FL
I was told by my PS that as long as it had less than 400IU I could continue to take it.  I was using Bariatric Advantage and now use Celebrate and both are way under 400IU.  I have a tummy tuck and inner thigh lift and have had no problems with either while taking the vitamins but as always check with your PS as each one is different.

"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.”       ~ Winnie the Pooh

wondering
on 12/3/09 6:36 am - Canada
I told my PS that I was taking a multi-vitamin and he clapped.  So, I didn't worry about it.  I did bump up my vitamin C because I read on here that it helps with bruising.  Post surgery, the doc commented that I hardly had any bruising.  Guess it helped.
Good to be nervous - just like with your WLS - it's a big step.
Best of luck.
L.

katiekat412
on 12/4/09 12:17 am
I was told by the three surgeons I consulted with to stop taking E before surgery because of the risk of the bleeding. I ended up taking lots of indicidual vits rather than the multi.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Most Active