Will the swelling EVER go down? (pics)

adam_
on 12/3/09 9:27 am - Boynton Beach, FL
I was told to expect swelling for a couple months.... I had a hernia repair, scar revision and tummy tuck on Sept 15th...
I'm very happy with the work but now at 2.5 months post-op,I don't really  see any signs of the swelling going down...is this normal?
I did have a huge seroma which had to be drained a few times (over a liter  of fluid the first time!) but at my last visit over a month ago he said it was gone...

Can you please share your experiences on how long it took for the swelling to go down?

Thanks In Advance!

Here's a pic that shows me just before surgery and then a few days ago:

-Adam - 6'6" - From 450 lbs to GOAL in 9 months...
Phase 1: Completed 10/2008.
Phase 2: Weightlifting - Goal: Add 40 lbs of muscle. Completed 2/15/2011.
Phas 3: Cut to 10% body fat.
MY STORY:  imthebiggestloser.blogspot.com/

Pura Vida
on 12/3/09 10:04 am - Costa Rica
I don't have an answer on the swelling, but I think you look really great, you don't look swollen, just muscular...

Soaplady
on 12/3/09 10:47 am - Guilford, NY
Ditto what Heather said. I think you look great. Where is the swelling? By the incision? Ireally dont see it.

congrats on losing so much, so fast. You really look amazing!

Soapy
O. Kufi
on 12/3/09 11:05 am
I agree ladies you look great Adam. You have done an AWESOME job in your weight loss!

But we all know that no one knows our bodies in our own eyes like our own eyes and we can be are strongest critic.

I will say that swelling is individual. Lots of different lengths of time for different folks based on all that I have read. My own experience in swelling is about 6 months for my first round and about 3 months for my 2nd round.

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

MargieInMI
on 12/3/09 11:39 am - Grand Blanc, MI
Adam, I know I haven't had surgery yet, but I've been doing a lot of research and had a consult today. I was told and heard that for some, swelling could last up to 6 months!

Leah H.
on 12/3/09 12:17 pm - TX
I can't see the swelling too much but I bet you can feel it more than it shows. Try lymphatic massage. Are you still wearing your binder?

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

adam_
on 12/3/09 12:30 pm - Boynton Beach, FL

yea i can feel it, it feels puffy...not sure what that massage is, i'll have to google it....I was told to only wear the binder for 2 weeks, but I wore it for 2 months....and now I'm just wearing compression shirts...

Don 1962
on 12/4/09 8:19 am

How bad did the TT hurt?  Also did you have anything done on your moobs?  Can manage with the way I am now but curious since PS is always a consideration.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

adam_
on 12/16/09 7:29 am - Boynton Beach, FL
not sure why i just got the notification of this reply today, but anyway....it was about the same, pain-wise, as my hernia repair last year....not sure if you've ever had one of those done, but the first 3 days suck...but pain meds helped alot...after a week or so i was off tylenol even...you feel a little better each day....after 2 weeks i felt 90%...

nope, nothing done to the moobs...they're not too bad...wouldnt be worth the scars...

Leah H.
on 12/3/09 12:38 pm - TX
A lot of PS suggest the lymphatic massage as it drains the fluid from the lymphatic system. Good luck. You might return to wearing the compression more. I've read stories on here where people wore them longer.

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

Most Active