Brachioplasty scar placement?

MargieInMI
on 12/3/09 11:48 am - Grand Blanc, MI
During my consult today, he said he can place the scar on the arm in 2 places. One would be the traditional back of the arm, so when your arm's down you see it from behind.  He said the other place would be more on the inside of the arm, so you don't see it from behind, only when you'd lift your arm, like to wave.  He said he's been doing it this way for years and recommends that, and that is what I'd like done.

Any suggestions?  He said results are the same, it's just a matter of placement.

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/09 12:09 pm
My WLS uses a plastic surgeon that specializes in post-WLS plastics.  The plastic surgeon recommends the same scar placement at your surgeon.  I have seen his slide shows and personal demonstrations by a couple of his patients. 

He uses Dr. Batra.  www.lapbypass.com/gbrx-after-bariatric-weight-loss-surgery/

Best of luck!!

Chris
MargieInMI
on 12/3/09 12:14 pm - Grand Blanc, MI
Thanks, Chris!  My surgeon says he's done a lot of post WLS surgeries as well, and seemed very informed about the surgeries, as well as port placement and such for the band.

BTW  I haven't commented yet, but you look great in your new avatar pic!

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/09 12:24 pm
Yes, your plastic surgeon sounds really well informed.  and thank you!!

Chris
AbidinginHIM
on 12/3/09 5:00 pm - Ontario, CA
Mine put them more down the inside back of my arms.  When my arms are down, you will see them slightly from the back.  They don't look bad at all and I'm out 5 weeks on Friday.  The reason for this is because on those of us with really thin tissues, the scar tends to become really wide on the inside portion of the arm and shows more than it should.  Plus there is more of a chance at nerve issues.  I'm surprised that you can hardly see mine - very few people have even noticed them.  I had surgery on Halloween morning.  If i hold my arms straight out, you won't see a scar at all from front or back.
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
MargieInMI
on 12/4/09 12:00 am - Grand Blanc, MI
Thanks for sharing, that is great!  I've seen some pics and the scars looked so bad...I was afraid to have the surgery, but for peace of mind, and the ability to fit into smaller clothes as I lose weight...I have decided I really, REALLY want the surgery!

doreenh
on 12/3/09 7:01 pm - Meredith, NH

I had my surgery in March of this year, the scars are on the inside of my arms.  I'm thrilled with the placement, you hardly notice them. 

Good Luck

MargieInMI
on 12/4/09 12:00 am - Grand Blanc, MI
Thank you!!

sonnieN
on 12/3/09 9:42 pm - grand rapids, MI

My scars on the inside of my arms. They are very well hidden and are very thin. Everyone is amazed at how the scars look only after a few months. You can see the results in the pictures on my profile.

Sonya

MargieInMI
on 12/4/09 12:09 am - Grand Blanc, MI
Your pics are amazing!  I have hope then because while I'm a bit heavier now, some of your before pics look just like me (thighs and tummy).  I was really concerned, but seeing your pics...I can look normal with PS!

Initially I said I wouldn't do the LBL/thigh lift...but I think eventually I will. I can't imagine everywhere else looking ok, and then having my thighs the way they are...

Most Active