Drain hell!

BonBon1
on 12/2/09 6:46 am - Somewhere, GA
I'm in drain hell, people, 3 solid weeks of it so far!  The left drain has very little drainage at all, but the right one is still putting out 40-45ccs every 8 hrs.  So they don't want to take them out yet.  This is driving me insane; I want to sleep on my side but can't.  Not getting much sleep because of sleeping on my back and the whole drain thing is uncomfortable.   So now it will be another week before my next appt.  and chance to get them taken out.  Boo hoo hoo!!
  Ok, I just needed to rant!   I know you all understand what fun this is and I appreciate everybody for listening.
                                    Bonnie in Drain Hell
M B.
on 12/2/09 6:54 am - Warrensburg, MO
Oh Bonnie I do feel bad for you.  That is the best feeling when they finally get to come out.  I still can't sleep on my side though because the incision goes from hip to hip and it's sore.  I still take a pain pill at night most night to get to sleep.  I know what you mean about wanting to get off your backside!   I guess the bright side is by leaving it, as long as it is producing that much is better than swelling on that side by that much. 

Marilyn  
Weight at Consult - 247 / Goal weight - 145 
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"
Anchor cut tummy tuck on 11/12/09

BonBon1
on 12/2/09 7:00 am - Somewhere, GA
Thanks for the kind words, Marilyn.  I know the drains still need to stay in, but I keep wondering why me, why me!?!
  Actually, the dr. said when they operated they found I had a bunch of really large blood vessels in the abdomen and I might have alot of drainage because of it.  Who knew?? LOL
azreggie
on 12/2/09 7:01 am - Tucson, AZ
Oh Bonnie, I'm so sorry but you would rather have that drain than let it build up inside you right?  I still don't think I'll be able to sleep on my side yet as the incision sites hurt.  I just had my drains taken out today, but you had a much bigger surgery.  They took 4 1/2 lbs off of my stomach and they took, what 17 lbs off of yours?  Still, I can sympathize.  Hang in there girlfriend! 

Reggie

BonBon1
on 12/3/09 6:32 am - Somewhere, GA
Reggie, I'm so glad that you at least got your drains out.  No, I don't want that fluid building up inside me, that's for sure.  Yes, they did take 17 lbs. off,  and I can sure see the difference.  I want to post some pics soon if I can figure out how to do it. 
  Good luck with your healing!
sonnieN
on 12/2/09 9:33 am - grand rapids, MI
Bonnie, it could be worse. I had one drain removed at 4 weeks and the last drain didn't come out until week 6 (and i fudged the numbers just a bit to get it removed, couldn't stand it anymore). So I know completely where you are coming from. They totally suck and you want nothing more than for them to be gone so you can have freedom. Just think, good things come to those who wait or something like that.

Hang it there, they will be out before you know it.

Sonya
BonBon1
on 12/3/09 6:35 am - Somewhere, GA
Oh, wow, Sonya, that's exactly what I was thinking about doing!  Fudging the numbers a little,  just a little little bit!  I don't want to give myself a problem, though, so will try to wait it out.
Thanks for your encouragement,  it really helps.
Ica
on 12/2/09 5:38 pm - Anchorage, AK
I'm 5.5 weeks out.  Still have a drain in, still draining at least 50 cc per day.  I feel your pain. :(
BonBon1
on 12/3/09 6:37 am - Somewhere, GA
Oh, Ica, why is it happening to us??   I keep feeling that there must be something wrong with me, but I can't figure out what it would be.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that your drain comes out any day now!
         Good luck and you hang in there, too!
Soaplady
on 12/3/09 11:22 am - Guilford, NY
Ya know, Bonnie, DrLo posted something a little while back about drains and said that sometimes the drain could be laying on a lymph vessel and that is why it keeps draining (and could go on in perpetuity).

why not mention that to the doc when you see him next. The drains were the worst part of the whole process in my book.

I cant relate to the not being able to sleep on your side. I had a LBL along with a full thigh lift, BL/BA and brachio...and I slept on my side every night. It just didnt hurt. It actually amazed me that I had only discomfort, not pain...cuz I am a pain wienie for sure. Low tolerance. Ask my orthopedic surgeon....or my PCP. Just inflating the BP cuff above 140 mm/Hg makes me scream!

I wish you well with the drain thing. It was the hardest part of the PS procedures. And such a liberating joy when they were gone. I pray yours come out soon.

Hugs,
Teri
Most Active