New to this board with a question or two...

shellymor
on 12/2/09 3:55 am, edited 12/2/09 4:23 am - TX

I have my ps consult scheduled next month. I would like to have a lbl with breast augmentation and lift. I have a desk job, but I'm very into aerobic exercise and weight training.

Question 1: How much time off of work does this normally require?

Question 2: How much time off of exercise does this normally require?

Thank you so much for your help!

ETA- My consult will be with Dr. Lomonaco and I'm thrilled about that- even though he's 4 hours away. Can't wait!

katiekat412
on 12/2/09 4:44 am
Congrats on your consult! I have a desk job and will have a little over three weeks off- most people are comparable.

I had three consults and all answers are the same on the exercise, unfortunately...a full six weeks. The only thing you can do before then is walk.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

sonnieN
on 12/2/09 5:27 am - grand rapids, MI
My Dr. said 4-6 weeks off work depending. I was back to work after 4 weeks. Exercise for both my surgeries was 6 weeks. Finally going back to the gym this week after round 2, couldn't wait.
M B.
on 12/2/09 7:00 am - Warrensburg, MO
For my anchor cut TT I took two weeks and 2 days, but going back this week I have had to leave by 3 each day because sitting, while it doesn't sound hard, feels a lot worse after 6 hours of it.  I find I'm just generally tired and starting to swell to the point of hurting by that time.  So, if you can I'd take the 3 weeks.

My doc is so funny about exercise questions.  I keep asking him when I can get on the treadmill and walk at an incline and he just smiles and says "not yet".  

Marilyn  
Weight at Consult - 247 / Goal weight - 145 
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"
Anchor cut tummy tuck on 11/12/09

shellymor
on 12/2/09 10:13 am - TX
Thank you all so much for your replies. It really helps me get an idea of what to expect and maybe even start a lttle advance planning. Can't wait!
Sara S.
on 12/3/09 2:21 am - Harrisonburg, VA
I also have my first ps consult coming up on the 15th. I'm consulting with Dr Krieger. He sent me a book that he co-authored on bariatric plastic surgery that gives a synopsis on those types of questions for each procedure. One of the other co-authors happens to be Dr Lomonaco. The LBL synopsis says that the activity restrictions are "no strenuous activity or heavy lifting for 6 weeks" and returning to work may take up to 6 weeks. I suspect you could return sooner than that with a desk job.

If you can get your hands on their book, I would highly recommend it.

shellymor
on 12/3/09 9:35 pm - TX
Thank- you! What is the name of it?
Sara S.
on 12/3/09 9:50 pm - Harrisonburg, VA
Bariatric Plastic Surgery: A guide to cosmetic surgery after weight loss

Most Active