Got My Drains Out

azreggie
on 12/2/09 2:34 am - Tucson, AZ
Thank you all so much for your words of wisdom.  I took a pain pill before I went and was grateful for it.  The upper drain felt really weird coming out like there was a snake in there, and the bottom one hurt when he took out the stitch and he found another staple hiding there(the right side is still pretty swollen) They also showed me my "Before" pic and OMG what a difference already.  Yesterday morning I got to see my ankle bones again, and I could still see them last night!  So that was a good thing.  I took your advice and bought Arnica Montana and started taking it yesterday so maybe that is helping.  Plus I drink a ton of water.  Always have, always will. I ordered my Stage 2 compression garment yesterday so it should be arriving any day now.  The Dr told me that I only had to wear it for three weeks, but I feel so much better with it on that I expect I'll be wearing it longer.  Again, thank you for all your help.  I love this forum.  There is nothing like talking to people who have been where you've been and have walked in your shoes.

Reggie

katiekat412
on 12/2/09 3:11 am
Congrats on losing the drain! They are the worst, and they definately feel super creepy coming out. Now you can wear pants without worrying! Woo hoo. I'm in your swelling boat. I feel squishy in my lower abdomen and mons, and my legs are still swollen, although I too got my ankles back a couple of days ago! LOL!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

MultiMom
on 12/2/09 3:13 am - NH
Yeah Reggie!! I love this board too! So much support and understanding here . I am going to keep in mind the pain pill for my single drain removal

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

kidneedonor
on 12/2/09 3:31 am
Horray  you finally got them removed.. wow  that was a long time.. I hope to have mine removed on Friday, very little output less than a cc in each drain per 8 hrs  ... Great idea to pre medicate yourself before having those drains come out..
Take Care

Natalie

Starting Wgt 238  Goal Wgt 145  Current Wgt 133
RNY 09/09/08 by Dr. Kruger
Full anchor TT on November 27, 2009 by Dr. Laurence Rheingold
Breast Reduction and Breast Lift May 24, 2010 by Dr. Laurence Rheingold

www.myspace.com/kidneedonor        
Most Active