Surgery schedueled and i'm nervous!

DeWitney M.
on 12/2/09 1:29 am - Duncan, OK
Hi all! I'm very new to this board, I underwent RNY in March of this year and 95 lbs later i'm scheduled for circumferential abdominoplasty on Dec 28th with the same surgeon who did my RNY. I love and trust him totally and I'm sure I'll be just fine but i'm nervous about the recovery. Some people I talk to say it was a breeze and the most others say it was the worst pain of their life child birth included. I have had a C-section and my RNY was Open so i'm not stranger to abdominal surgery but I'll have incisions on my back as well, I was just wondering if anyone else can shed some light on this for me and tell me any tips or secrets that will be helpful going in. How do you get comfortable with incisions on your abdomen, back and sides?? I'm scared!
Jennifer Q.
on 12/2/09 6:36 am - Newton, NJ
Welcome to the board.  I dont have any info for you on the abdominoplasty, I am going for a regular TT tomorrow and I also had my RNY in March and have lost 96 pounds.  I am nervous but excited for the surgery.  I hope you get the info you are looking for and best wishes to you!!

SW 241.6/ CW 138.8/ GW 140
    At Goal 12/11/2009          
TammyGirl1
on 12/2/09 6:37 am - Oakley, CA

Can't anwser you questions as I am having mine Sat. but wanted to say welcome and good luck!

Tammy

TT, BL/BA, Lipo, FG/Booty, and small TLcompleted with DR Sauceda
SW 201 / GW 134 / LW 129 / CW 137.6
http://tammygirlsjourney.blogspot.com/

wondering
on 12/2/09 10:24 am - Canada
Good drugs.  That's how you get comfortable.  It wasn't the worst pain of my life but seriously, the pain meds helped a lot - take them regularly.  I believe that good pain management helps with the healing.  The incisions on my back don't really bother me that much.  The spot over the hips bones are bothersome.  Actually, the pain comes mostly from the muscles and after 4 weeks, they are starting to feel better.
Good luck.
L.

DeWitney M.
on 12/2/09 10:45 am - Duncan, OK
Thanks ladies for your replies, Good luck on your upcomeing surgeries! be sure and post and let me know how they go!

Wondering, Thanks! that helps some I believe in pain management too! I was afraid of it at first but after my previous surgeries I'm a fan!
O. Kufi
on 12/3/09 11:14 am
Congrats on your upcoming surgery. Its okay to be a little nervous.

I had several procedures and I found that once I learned to be methodical about my movements and take my time it helped to avoid some unnecessary pain and uncomfortableness. Having already had tummy area surgeries you know your pain threshold. Whether it is a strong pain med or over the counter pain meds be consisitent with taking them so that you are as comfortable as you can be. My experience was that once I left the clinic all I needed was tylenol.

God speed as you continue your journey and I pray for you to have an uneventful and speedy recovery!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Most Active