Nobodys perfect

Maureen K.
on 12/2/09 12:28 am
So I went to the doc they removed my tape and now is the time for the scar therapy.
For the most part I am happy with my results, It is just that when I got home and looked in the mirror I notice that one of my areolas is bigger than the other and not quite round. I know No one is perfect but It is just bothering me oh well... it is not too bad but I notice it and I know no one has to deal with it but me and my hubby but you just want everything to be perfect and its not.

So it has been 4 weeks and I went to work for 12 hours yesterday and I was on my feet climbing up and down a ladder all day I held up quite well except I re- opend a small area on my incision line on my back so no work today and I will be calling the doc at 9 am why do they say it is okay to go back to work when they know the kind o f work you do and its not.

Sorry I am having a frustrated day.
Thx for listening.

MO

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 12/2/09 12:34 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
1. I know how you feel. pre-op my boobies were symmetrical but not one areola sits LOWER than the other and it bothers me to no end. Just have to deal with it.. either get used to it and or request a revision

2. WTH were you thinking? At 4 weeks post-op you should not be working so hard! You run a high risk of pulling your incision lines open or irritating them to the point of infection or hematomas or hernias!
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

playwithzoe
on 12/2/09 1:07 am
Mo sorry your having a bad day, it'll get better.  I am doing a lot of thinking about PS and my expectations.  I really have to understand that things are never going to be perfect, just better.  I have to make sure I'm ready for that reality but it's hard.  I had lipo many years ago 90/91 pre tumescent or laser and it was pretty violent.  And although the shape of my thighs was better I ended up with pock marks and often wonder if the trade off was worth it.

But I've seen your before and after pictures and in your case it WAS WORTH IT, you look fantastic!  So hang in there.

About work - did you explain to your doc how physical your work is?  I think it's too soon, well clearly it is.  Wait a while longer girlfriend, don't put yourself at risk.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

Maureen K.
on 12/2/09 5:04 am
It is a tough decision getting plastics I know exactly how you are feeling as I felt the same way
I am not sure exactly when or why I all of a sudden decided to go for it because I did not really look that bad before sure I had stretch marks, and loose skin saggy boobs but I did not have a lot of hanging apron tummy like alot of fowlks had which made me all the more nervous as to whether there would be a big enough change to make me feel it was worth it. But it was truly was and now that I saw them today and mentioned the whole boob issue they will fix it in office for free and no big deal so now I am extremely happy.

Anyway best wishes to you on your decisionmaking it is tough personal and I am sure what ever you decide you will look great no matter what.

Thx again

MO

BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

AbidinginHIM
on 12/2/09 1:37 am - Ontario, CA
Mine are not perfect either, and one nipple is a bit higher than the other.  I went with a friend to have her aug in June of this year.  Her surgeon reminder her that me can make them be sisters but not twins!  I really like this line and remind myself of this fact when I see some assymetry in my own body.  Considering what Dr. Lee had to start with - I'm am beyond pleased with the result, but when I become too focused in one area, that one tiny thing can bother me.

That being said - Dr. Lee wasn't happy with how my bellybutton turned out from my first surgery.  I way really happy because I never really had a bellybutton due to a deformity and how it was fixed right after my birth.  When I went in for my thighs in January, he wanted to fix it, but decided to hold off since it wasn't an issue to me.  When I would return for my follow ups, it still bothered HIM!  I've heard for months that he really should have fixed it when he could have.  The morning of surgery for my arms, that was the first thing he marked and said it was fixing it once and for all.  I like the new bellybutton much better.  There was a little peak or hood over it before.  So, just because you don't think it's worth mentioning, it might be something to mention.

Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
AbidinginHIM
on 12/2/09 1:43 am - Ontario, CA
Oh, and I can't believe you worked that much yesterday! Ok, yes I can, cause that's what I want to do too, but I'm still on pretty strict activity restrictions due to my seromas.  Do less today, don't push and sometimes we do need to listen to our friends and loved ones instead of our body.

My body wants to run, exercise, and do all kinds of things because I've been used to that.  I'm beyond bored, and my arms and legs ache from inactivity.  I want to swim about 1000 laps, and I want to do about 2 hours on the elliptical on hill plus level 15 - but I was told yesterday the most I can do is walk, and if that isn't enough - walk up hill.  That's it.  DANG!

So, be like me and don't stress about it and don't push yourself too hard.  Yes, I know it's very hard.  At 4 1/2 weeks, I'm ready to do lots more in my head, but in all reality, that isn't my reality right now.
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
Melissa M.
on 12/2/09 1:47 am - Seabrook, TX
If it's any consolation, mine aren't either.  I am having one of them revised when I do phase 2.  The Dr said it was an easy fix so I'm hoping they'll "match".  It's not that obvious but it does bother me too.  I've always wondered if this was more common than we think and women just aren't forthcoming with it.

BTW, you are working way too much for being so soon out of surgery.  I took 6 weeks off and still had a tiny area on top of my butt trying to open.  The Dr ended up putting in a couple of stitches to help keep it closed and that worked.  You really need to take it easy!
Leah H.
on 12/2/09 1:48 am - TX
(((Hugs))) Please take it easy

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

BigCityGirl
on 12/2/09 3:13 am - San Diego, CA
That symetry problem with your aerolas is very easy to fix in the office with just a local anesthesia.  Your surgeon should do it for free.  Be sure to ask him to do it. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Maureen K.
on 12/2/09 4:59 am
Thank you so much you are right they said if it is not good in a few weeks they can fix it in office
I am so glad that I mentioned it. Thank you thank you I feel so much better

MO

BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Most Active