compression garments - how long?

wendy_fou
on 12/1/09 9:15 am - AR
Fellow tummy tuck post-ops,

1) How long did your surgeon advise you to wear your compression garment?

2) Did you choose to wear it even after that?

3) If you did choose to continue wearing it past the required time, for how long & why?

4) Did you also have lipo w/ your TT?
BigCityGirl
on 12/1/09 9:22 am - San Diego, CA
1.  Six weeks.
2.  Yes.
3.  Helps with swelling - total of three months
4.  I had an LBL with no lipo and I had flank lipo five weeks ago and I'm still wearing my compression garment and will probably keep it on for a few more months.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/09 10:27 am - Garden Grove, CA
RNY on 08/10/04 with
1) How long did your surgeon advise you to wear your compression garment? I had to wear it for 4 weeks.

2) Did you choose to wear it even after that? I sure did! 

3) If you did choose to continue wearing it past the required time, for how long & why? I chose to wear it 8 weeks. It helped me with swelling.

4) Did you also have lipo w/ your TT? NO, no lipo.
cleos_mom
on 12/1/09 11:07 am - phila., PA
1. 6 weeks

2. yes

3. probably about 6 months - because you get the best results the longer you wear it and I had lipo done also. I I ill wear it for about a year when I worrk out

4. yes
Melissa M.
on 12/1/09 12:05 pm - Seabrook, TX
1. Surgeon wanted me to wear it for 6 weeks, preferrably longer or as long as I could tolerate it.

2.  I'm almost 6 months out and still wear some type of garment.

3.  It helps with healing and keeps the swelling down.

4.  Yes I did have lipo which I think has contributed to the amount of swelling, not to mention having an anchor cut with my LBL.
princesshan
on 12/1/09 2:18 pm - ID
I am a little over two months out post tummy tuck no lipo and I still wear a garment underneath my clothes. I wore the dr issued one for about 6 weeks now I just wear one from Walmart. It helps so much with the swelling and for some reason makes me feel more comfortable.
Anjail
on 12/1/09 11:04 pm - Detroit, MI
1. She advised me to wear for only 2 months however I should have kept it on much longer.

2. I didn't choose to wear it after she advise I really didn't have to wear it anymore.

3. I should've kept wearing it. I'm 3 month out and the swelling is like nothing I have ever experienced. They call it SWELL HELL for a reason. You feel like your in HELL. Swelling hurts like never before. I've started back wearing my binder 24-7 to help with the swelling.

4. Yes I had lipo on my side and I still feel it from time to time. My sides get really stiff during the night time when I'm sleeping. It's hard for me to sit right up when I awake. I have to pull on something or push myself up on my mattress to get out of bed. I know it will get better though.
Most Active