Two Weeks Post TT Questions

azreggie
on 12/1/09 1:52 pm - Tucson, AZ
Ok, so I have a couple of questions.

1. Did you have your drains in for 2 weeks?

2. Did it hurt when they took them out?

3. Did you take a pain pill before?

I see the Dr tomorrow and i'm pretty sure the drains are coming out since I'm hardly draining at all anymore.  It will be exactly 2 weeks tomorrow and was wondering if I should take a pain pill before the visit?  My girlfriend had a breast reduction and said that having her drains taken out was so painful it made her cry out, and she's not a wimp.  She told me to take a pill before I go.  What do you all think?  Thanks for your answers in advance.

Reggie

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/09 2:01 pm
Take something for pain before you go.  If it hurts like hell, you'll have protection.  If it doesn't hurt like hell, then WHAT the hell -- you're protected anyway.

azreggie
on 12/1/09 2:11 pm - Tucson, AZ
Good advice, I think I'll take it.  Thanks

Reggie

princesshan
on 12/1/09 2:12 pm - ID
Hello. My drains were in for 2 weeks. I took them out myself at home and honestly it didn't hurt that bad. When I first started pulling them out it stung, but only for a second where the skin had dried around the tubing. I would take a pill if you are worried about it. Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/09 10:18 pm
Congratulations on your surgery! 

I had my drains in for one week.
I did take a pain pill before I went to have them removed and no it did not hurt.

I am a weenie so I had to take the pain pill just in case and I still flinched when he began pulling them out.

Good Luck.
Sherline
CA_GirlRocks
on 12/1/09 10:34 pm
I was able to get one out after a week, the second after 2 weeks.  It stung for a minute, but did not hurt much at all.  But, if you feel better about it, take the pill!
Anjail
on 12/1/09 10:54 pm, edited 12/1/09 10:54 pm - Detroit, MI
I had both of my drains in for a month.

Didn't hurt at all when my Dr toke them out. (actually she didn't give me time to think about hurting, she told me to take a deep breath an as soon a I breathed in she snatched them out).

Nope, didn't take pain pill to have them removed and I didn't hurt after. I was just happy to finally have them out after being in for a month.
Alice H.
on 12/1/09 11:17 pm - Winterville, NC
I had a LBL last Tues 11/24.  I had 4 drains, 2 in front and 2 in back.  When I went for my one week check up, she took out 2 of them.  One from front and one from back.  It didn't hurt at all.  I hope the other 2 will come out next Wed when I go back again.

Good uck on your checkup!

Alice
Alice in OneDerland
H:260 G: 135 
C:145 L: 131 BMI: 26 H: 5' 2 1/2" 
RNY 10/07  LBL 11/09
Maureen K.
on 12/2/09 12:32 am
Can't hurt to take a pill it feels really weird and strange and at the end it hurts but it is only less than a minute - I didn't take anything I had 4 drains the first two the took out after 1 week and the 2nd 2 they took after 2 weeks the 2nd two were worse because I think I knew what to expect I was so excited to get them out but at the same time I was  not looking forward to the feeling of having them removed I just kept telling myself it is no big deal take a deep breath and it will be over in a few seconds and it was it sucks but what a great feeling when they are gone like freedom.

Best Wishes

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 12/2/09 12:36 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
In my experience - drains coming out of one arm burned like hell (literally), other arm didn't feel a thing. drains coming out of LBL didn't hurt at all. I haven't had drains in my boobs but I have a friend who did and said there was no pain.

I think it depends on drain placement and how long you've had them in. HErs were in for 1 week. My arm drain were in for 1 week but I had my LBL drains for 5 weeks (but they still didn't hurt.. so weird.)
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

Most Active