Sad Story

BigCityGirl
on 12/1/09 4:50 am - San Diego, CA
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/09 5:05 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Tragic!!
FLGail
on 12/1/09 5:35 am - Sun City, AZ
YES very sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Makes me think of the mother of the rap singer.
Leah H.
on 12/1/09 6:04 am - TX
Yes Kanye West's mother died after a breast surgery. :( It's stories like this that made me think twice. I wish I had a better tummy and I wouldn't risk it.

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

BigCityGirl
on 12/1/09 9:19 am - San Diego, CA
She had 12 hours of surgery - an extended TT, Breast Reduction and Lift and extensive liposuction.  And she had a heart condition and should not have had surgery.
Leah H.
on 12/1/09 9:22 am - TX
Thanks for the clarification. I only remember a report about a breast surgery.

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

Jupiter6
on 12/1/09 11:26 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
You really can't overstate how intensely difficult long surgeries can be on a person. My plastics took over 12 hours, and I got extremely sick-- we think a reaction to anesthesia-- was almost two weeks before the piercing pain left my head. I'm convinced you really can do too much at once.

Another weird side effect? I have had straight hair for 41 years-- and post op, it's now very curly Weird, huh?

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

BigCityGirl
on 12/1/09 12:23 pm - San Diego, CA

I had a couple of 8 hour surgeries with my plastics and they both left me with an anesthesia-type sickness.  My lungs felt like they were burned and I had the worst taste in my mouth for a few weeks.

Another point about long surgeries - who wants a surgeon who is tired operating on them?  The FAA forces airline crews to rest.  The AMA should police it's surgeons in the same manner and place some sort of time limit on surgery.  There has got to be added risk to the patient in a long surgery. 

And about the hair, I've had the same thing happen to me.  I thought it was from hair loss and  the regrowth has come in curly but I really don't know.  Even my stylist is amazed. 

JSIL
on 12/1/09 1:22 pm
I have had really nice curly hair my entire life, after surgery, my hair is straight??

queenyoyo
on 12/1/09 3:56 pm
 This is heart breaking, but a pulmonary embolism can happen with ANY surgery, not just plastic surgery.

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy46DD6/
Most Active