Need a little uplifting

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/09 1:18 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Start immediately after surgery...... I use it for about 2-3 weeks post op.  AND if I suddenly experience a little swelling I take it again for about 2-3 days extra.
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/09 12:51 am
Hi Anjail.  I am sorry to hear you are having so much pain this late post-op.  I had my surgery only a week or so before you; I wear my compression garments daily.  I sleep in a Veronique garment that goes from mid-thigh to under my breast every night and during the day I wear a Flexee shapewear that goes from under my breast to my thighs. 

I do experience pain some days but nothing like what you're describing.  I pray that your doctor can help answer your questions on Thursday and ease your mind a little.  Also, have you called your doctor to ask for something stronger for the pain?

Hang in there and keep telling yourself "This too shall pass".

Sherline
Leah H.
on 12/1/09 1:25 am - TX
Have you considered lymphatic massage as well?

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

Melissa M.
on 12/1/09 2:16 am - Seabrook, TX
I would consider lymphatic massages as well.  It will make a world of difference considering how much you are describing your swelling.  It helped me a lot when I had the biggest amount of swelling.  Like I said before I still swell and I also wear some type of garment every single day and I will be 6 months on 12/16.  I have to because if not my swelling would be worse.  I hate them, but I've gotten used to them.  I also still massage my stomach and sides as often as possible to help with the swelling, especially in the shower and when I put lotion on my incisions.  I got my arnica for about $7 at the vitamin shoppe but I got the smaller size.  Unfortunately I don't get to put my feet up much since I'm always running around after work  going to the gym and cooking dinner or with the kids and my feet don't normally get "up" until I go to bed.  My PS does not recommend ice on the incisions either.  If you read through some of Dr L's old posts he explains why.  I would also cut out caffeine if you haven't.  I'm not a coffee drinker but a diet coke fan so I've switched to the caffeine free types and I drink green tea.  I have also been eating strawberry and blueberry protein shakes every day because they have a natural anti-inflammatory component in them.  Shoot, I'm even taking tumeric pills.  Here are some interesting articles for you to read when you have time.  This doesn't just apply to those suffering from arthritis. 

http://eating.health.com/2008/02/21/anti-inflammatories-the- new-superfoods/2/  

http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowContent/food_and_nutrition /top_10_anti_inflammatory_foods.html

One thing I never experienced since week one was pain with my swelling.  I did feel some discomfort on my worst days so much so that I had to take off my garment to breathe, but that was in the first few weeks.  I am just a sweller but just doing these few things has really really helped.

Hang in there and just think how far you've come.  You really do look great!

Melissa
L N.
on 12/1/09 5:37 am - , CA
Hi Anjail,

Very sorry to hear about the problems happening...prayers for you and that once you see the doctor, that you will be reassured that all is okay...and that if something is going on, your doc can remedy the problem.....keep us posted...

LN

playwithzoe
on 12/1/09 11:43 am
Hang in there girl, everyone has offered great advice,  do it all and ice ice ice baby.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

MSHAMO
on 12/1/09 12:19 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your surgery. I am 9 months out from my TT and I STILL wear my binder!!!!! I also had lipo, extensive muscle repair and a baseball size umbilical hernia repair. My PS said that I had a BIG surgery. Due to the muscle repair, I just feel more supported with my binder on. I really never had much swelling tho, with any of my surgeries!!! Hope you do better, put that binder back on. I have a support garment, but it sure doesn't work like my binder.  Hugs!!!

High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Most Active