Need a little uplifting

Anjail
on 11/30/09 10:09 pm - Detroit, MI
Hey OB Family, I've been feeling extremely depressed for the last week. This swelling is making my life miserable. It never goes away and I'm at wits end. I've cut out salt and drink more water and that isn't working. An talk about pain. My sides hurt every single day and I mean every single day. Due to the massive swelling I now have an opening where one of my stitches are at. How in the hell can a stitch come open at 12 weeks. WTF is going on here. My Dr. Appt is Thursday. I was so happy with my results when I first had my tt but now I beginning to think this was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. Don't get me wrong I love the way that I physically look but the pain is really getting to me. Motrin/Tylenol/Aleve is not taking the pain away. Sometimes I swell so bad to the point that I can't stand up straight.

I don't want to get addicted to pain killers but at this point I don't know what to do. I can understand why (Michael Jackson, may he rest in peace) was addicted to pain killers. Look at all of the surgeries he had to alter himself. He must have been in pain daily.

Any words of encouragement will help. Wish I could turn back the hands of time because I dunno if this was all worth it or not. Maybe I just feel this way right now because of the pain and swelling. Hopefully 2 or 3 months from now I can post more happy comments like I use to.
autum250
on 11/30/09 10:18 pm - rothbury, MI
man girl im feeling for ya! im having anchor tt in 46 days and now im starting to freak out. we are going to florida 12 weeks after my tt and i thought i would be good by then.

you have been my inspiration so you have to get better! lets see what others say...hope you feel better very soon

autum
Lucy V.
on 11/30/09 10:33 pm
Oh Anjail...I'm sorry to hear of you discomfort and depressive thoughts. 12weeks does seem like a wierd time for that to be happening.  As I havent been where you are...all i can offer is prayer and send good vibes your way.  I hope everything works out quickly  for the best.  Maybe your doc will have a solution.  Also, perhaps others will have insight on here...OH's such a great place for what you're going through now.

Amy

Was: 344LBS (sz 28/30)   Now:187LBS (sz 14)   Want:175LBS (sz 12)

JUST LIVE YOUR LIFE!

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/09 10:43 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
Sorry you are having a rough go of it.
Are you wearing a compression garment?  it really helps me!
Are you able to lay down during the day to elevate your legs?  That helped me in the early weeks too.
How about ice packs.  When I've been more active than normal or like the other day when for the first time I did not wear the compression garment all day I used an ice pack on my tummy and it took the swelling down within an hour.  I put my compression garment on then wrapped an icepack in a kitchen towel....I put it on my tummy and then put the binder on top of the icepack so it was held there nice and snugly.  Looks stupid but I was in the house so I don't care, it did the trick and that's all I cared about.

One more tip....are you taking Arnica Montana?  It works for me....I've had 4 rounds of plastic surgery now and each time I take it and each time I have very little bruising and very little swelling.  You might want to give it a try.

I hope some of these tips help....
Hang in there....I know swelling stinks but it really is only temporary and your results will last a loooong time!  It will be worth it in the end.  

Let us know how you are doing.
Be well!
Take care
Ruth
Anjail
on 11/30/09 10:52 pm - Detroit, MI
Thanks Moosie, I've never heard of  Arnica Montana. Where can I get that from? I'll try the ice packs when I get home tonight and see if that works. I'm going to hang in there because at this point I no longer have a choice. Can turn back the hands of time if you know what I mean. Yes, I've started wearing my binder again. Don't have a compression garmet but I'm going today to Target and pick one up.

Again thanks for your post. Here's to Plastic Surgery!!!!!!! Gotta love it!!!!!! The good, the bad, and the ugly.
(deactivated member)
on 11/30/09 11:50 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
This is a link to the brand (VitaMedica) I've been using.  I think you can also get it at GNC but I started with this brand and have just stuck with it since I know it works.   It costs $16.00 for a bottle. 
shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.667884/it.A/id.94/.f

Hope you feel better soon!
BigCityGirl
on 12/1/09 12:19 am - San Diego, CA
I can't believe your surgeon didn't put you in a binder or compression garment.  No wonder you are hurting!  I couldn't get out of bed without mine.  I've known of women who have worn theirs up to six months PostOp.  The binder controls swelling and relieves it.

My surgeon says never use ice on an incision.  Please get advice from your surgeon on Thursday. 

By the way, your photos look great - I think the surgery was a success judging by how you look.  I'm sure you will be feeling better soon.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Anjail
on 12/1/09 1:21 am - Detroit, MI

Thanks for the post BigCityGirl. She did supply me with a binder but at my two month check up she advised I didn't have to wear it anymore (wrong choice). I was doing fine up until about a week and 1/2 ago but since then it has been down hill. Looks like I'll be wearing my binder everyday from this point on until the swelling gets under control. Yes, it does help to have it on but it doesn't stop me from swelling. (boo hoo  ).

Hopefully my surgeon can give me some more execllent advise like you guys on this site always provide to me.

Thanks for the compliment. I do feel my surgery was a success judging in apperance but as for the pain I dunno. I'll have to think twice about that. LOL!!!!

If any of you out there that haven't have surgery yet read my post please don't let me discourage you from getting plastics. Just make sure you are fully aware of what you are getting yourself into. This is no cake walk and takes alot of time to heal (at least that's what's going on with me). One week you will be fine and the next week you are miserable. OH WELL GUESS THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS AFTER A DAY IN THE LIFE OF PLASTIC SURGERY.

Take care everyone.

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/09 1:20 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
FYI - Target and Kohls and all dept stores sell things like pant liners (like Flexees) but those are not real compression garments.  Compression garments are very expensive but they sure do the trick.

Good luck!!
TammyGirl1
on 12/1/09 12:22 am - Oakley, CA
Hey Ruth, when did you start taking the Arnica? I think I read 2 weeks post op??
TT, BL/BA, Lipo, FG/Booty, and small TLcompleted with DR Sauceda
SW 201 / GW 134 / LW 129 / CW 137.6
http://tammygirlsjourney.blogspot.com/

Most Active