Less than 24hrs to go and I'm starting to freak out!

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/09 4:19 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Ok, I know I'm being silly but I'm kind of freaking out about my surgery tomorrow.
For days I've been having a bad conversation in my head......what if I don't wake up from anesthesia (well I guess I really won't know if that happened).  Anyhow I have myself all worked up and spooked.  Gotta get my head filled with positive thoughts!!!!!

ALL day since I woke up I've kind of been pacing back and forth doing little chores around the house but nothing much. I'm all packed...I just need to shower in the morning, drop my dog off at the kennel, and hit the road (have a 90 min drive).

Matthew tells me I'm a pro at surgery because I've had enough of them....but still I can't help get nervous...there are risks!! 

Soooo I guess I just need to release my fear here and then try to move on......

Thanks for being my sounding board and letting me spew.
I'll let you know how things end up (pun intended....I'm having a butt lift tomorrow!).

TTFN
Ruth
FLGail
on 12/1/09 5:38 am - Sun City, AZ
Hey Ruth, I understand how you feel because I felt the same way, however all will be fine since you as my husband and Matthew have said you have been through this before.
                   Postive thoughts Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                   I will keep you in my prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                             All will be fine.
                                                                                                    Gail
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/09 7:06 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks Gail!
I think if I tell Matthew one more time that I'm nervous that he'll make me take my Xanax now so I go to sleep early.
Anyhow, thanks for the note and prayers.
TTYL
Ruth
MistersMom65
on 12/1/09 5:51 am, edited 12/1/09 5:51 am - TN

Here is a BIG HUG. I know you'll be fine BUT I understand the apprehension.  Until I was actually on the table knocked out I was thinking "I'm taking my marbles and going HOME!! I am SCARED!!". Just remember you HAVE been here and you made it through with flying colors!

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/09 7:03 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks for the hug....
I'm hoping the meds (xanax) I have to take later tonight will kick in and kick in fast and hard so I can relax tonight.  Stinks that my surgery isn't until 11am but I'm hoping to be "hung over" from the xanax enough to just take the edge off and relax.

Thanks for thinking of me.
Ruth
LinR
on 12/1/09 5:55 am
It's good to have a place where we can spew.  Sometimes our families are so worried, we don't feel we can burden them with our fears.

Go into surgery tomorrow knowing you have done everything you can do to have a positive outcome from your surgery.    Know we support you and send our prayers and well wishes for an uneventful surgery and recovery.

Hugs

Lin

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/09 7:00 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
You are so right....I can't tell my parents I'm nervous cause they will just worry more.  Besides you guys really understand, you can relate to all the emotions whereas most other people can't because they have not experienced it.

Thanks!!!
Leah H.
on 12/1/09 6:05 am - TX
(((Hugs))) It's hard. Hang in there.

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/09 7:01 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks for the hugs.....I'm hanging....lol
TammyGirl1
on 12/1/09 6:56 am - Oakley, CA
BIG BIG BIG HUGS to you!!! Its hard not to be anxious about it but just keep thinking what you will look/feel like 6 months from now! Yeah!! Your OH family is here for you all the way! Best wishes on a smooth surgery and uneventful recovery.
Tammy
TT, BL/BA, Lipo, FG/Booty, and small TLcompleted with DR Sauceda
SW 201 / GW 134 / LW 129 / CW 137.6
http://tammygirlsjourney.blogspot.com/

Most Active