Scars Pulling

chickster522
on 12/1/09 12:05 am
I am almost 8 weeks out, everything is healing nicely. I am having issues with my scars pulling, especially the arms...I know it's just new scar tissue. What did you use to keep your scars moisturized?  I still wear my compression garment when I know I will be doing a lot. I don't have a lot of problems with swelling.

Thanks for all your help.

Debbie
LinR
on 12/1/09 12:37 am
Debbie:

Did Dr. S supply you with a compression garment for your arms?   How far out were you when you started wearing it?  I have read on here that some use cocoa butter and one person posted they used neosporin.  I'm still pre-op.  I'm looking forward to the answers from some of the post ops.

Lin

chickster522
on 12/1/09 12:43 am
Hi Lin,

Yes, Dr.S provided me with two complete sets (top and bottom)  I woke up from surgery with both top and bottom on....and was told to wear them 24/7 for 6 weeks.

I used a triple antibiotic  until about a week ago and sitched to cocoa butter...that's when the pulling started....I think I'll go back to the antibiotic ointment.

Good luck to you,
Debbie
proudauntie
on 12/1/09 11:16 am - Honolulu, HI
Hi - I had my arm surgery on 11/4.  I started using Dermatix (silicon gel) a week later.  I had a check up yesterday and the doctor said whatever you're using keep using it because your arms look great.  I found it on line at the dermstore.  My doctor doesn't recommend compression garments - he said I'd feel like I was swollen for about a month (which is true) but it takes up to 3 for all the swelling to go away.  I started doing easy Pilates yesterday and I feel pretty good.
zioness
on 12/1/09 1:04 pm - lake in the hills, IL
 i was given advicil and advagel - to help with scars and the idea was to keep moisture in.  then i did a lot of scar zone. still use the advacil and nivea body oil - keep them soft and massge scars as much as possible.

Surgery Date: March 13, 2007
(deactivated member)
on 12/2/09 2:47 am
Hey Debbie,

I can't believe you are 8 weeks out already.  I have some pulling in my underarms & Doc told me to do stretches with my arms daily!  I had never heard that before but I have been doing them & it seems to be helping... I haven't had any swelling issues either I am so glad!

TTYS,
Fab
Most Active