Compression garment for arms after brachioplasty?

LinR
on 11/30/09 10:56 pm
Just wondering if anyone wore compression garment for their arms after the brachioplasty?  Did you feel it helped with scars or to keep swelling down?

Thanks
Lin

sonnieN
on 11/30/09 11:33 pm - grand rapids, MI

Yep, I wore them. My Dr put me in them about a week and half out. Definately helped w/ the swelling and the scars seemed to flatten out once I had them on. Wore it until about 6 weeks out and sometimes at night even after 6 weeks.

Sonya

LinR
on 11/30/09 11:37 pm
Thanks Sonya

I was thinking about ordering one.  Thanks for the info on the timing.

Lin

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/09 11:52 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I used this and LOVED it.  Kept my swelling down and other than a problem on my right arm where it bends I have perfectly flat (and thin) scars.
marenagroup.com/store/product/tabid/199/p-80-long-sleeve.asp x

LinR
on 12/1/09 12:34 am
Thanks.

I'm not sure if my doc provides that or I need to order.  I like the looks of the one by Veronique I sawy on line.

Lin

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/09 1:26 am - San Jose, CA
Agha doesn't use them.  I was wrapped in ace bandages, though not that tightly.  I kept them wrapped for a week or so -- or tried to, because no matter what, they kept coming unraveled.  I then discovered a product at Walgreens that is a roll of stretchy net tubing, which you cut to the length you need, and use it to hold the 5 x 9 pad in place.  Voila!  Much easier to use, mostly stays i place, much more comfortable, and provides just a bit of compression, which felt reassuringly comfortable.

I can't say whether this helped with healing or not, as my scars are still very much in the healing phase.  I stopped wearking the bandages yesterday, as there are just a few scabs left and I wanted to see if taking off the little bit of compresson, as well as airing out the incision, would help or hurt.  So far, I think I can continue to leave them off, at least while I'm at home and don't need to cover my arms.
BrookeK
on 12/1/09 1:31 am - Arlington, TX
I had my brachioplasty Nov 20.  I have kept my arms (per Doc instructions) wrapped in ace bandages since surgery.  I go in today and will get my compression garment.  I am happy about that, cause like Diana writes, these ace bandages are all over the place after a few hours!  I don't know what kind of "garment" I will get.  I will post that later. 

Brooke

I am 5'4" tall

LinR
on 12/1/09 2:03 am
Thanks for the information.

Lin

katiekat412
on 12/1/09 3:51 am
Hi Lin- if you're having the brachio with Dr. S, he gives you two sets of compression garments, and he does have you wear them if you have the arms done.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

cleos_mom
on 12/1/09 11:14 am - phila., PA
yes Iwear them 24/7 i bought mine from Marena.com they are sleeves & attach behind you in  the neck area, very comfortable, they help with swelling & scar healing I will wear them probably about 6 months, he said I really only ned them 6 months but if I want to wear them longer that is ok too.
Susan
Most Active