Take a look, would you have PS if you were me?

playwithzoe
on 12/1/09 11:21 am
Thanks Kat, How are you doing and feeling, healing well I hope?    I sent a long email to Dr. S a couple nights ago and haven't heard back.  I'm wondering if he is sick of my questions.  He has always responded so quickly in the past, I'm sure he's just super busy.

I hate my thighs, my whole life they I've been self conscious and I really think a thigh lift and some lipo will make a big difference.   It's hard to tell from the pics but I do have some loose skin on my tummy so i think  a small/mini TT would be worth it, I already have a big scar from a previous bladder surgery anyway.  I'm nervous about the BA/BL and potential numbness or over sensitivity.  I've had friends who have had that issue but it sure would be nice to have some perkier girls.

I guess I just feel like I've wasted so much time being overweight and I want that time back.  I want to turn the clock back 10 years.  I know it's stupid and I should just be grateful for my health, which I am.  I just think it would feel so great to look my best.  As you know I love to work out and I'm doing my part but there are some things from my weight yo yo-ing that exercise and diet just won't reverse.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

katiekat412
on 12/1/09 11:14 pm
Hi Tamera,

I completely understand! I understand asking others for their opinion, and I know its hard when you have a boyfriend and probably family telling you how great you look, especially when they compare you to your old self, but everyone wants the opportunity to be their best. Who knows if its healthy to feel that way, but you work hard, and you want certain things. I'm sure you know, but the only thing I would say is to know that surgery can't fix everything. Even though you look awesome, I think you could end up with perfect breasts and smaller thighs, but you'll prbably still have a few thigh bumps or wrinkes (the lipo reducuces the volume which laxes the skin).

As for Dr. S, he's SUPER busy. He went away over the weekend for his birthday and didn't get back till Monday, and he's in surgery all day today, so you probably won't get a response till tomorrow. Even so, there were two times I had to remind that I sent an email. I felt horrible doing it because I know he's busy and probably hadn't gotten to it yet, but both times he apologized and said he forgot to get back to me because he was busy.

As for the benelli lift, I had it done, and I never lost sensation. He said its least likely to occur with that lift, and that if it does, it returns quicky. He said the inverted T has a much higher rate of complication.

Best of luck. Deciding is the hardest part, and then you'll probably change your mind the day before surgery!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 12/1/09 12:39 pm
I am being completely honest when I say I think you look lovely, and better than many women in their 40's who have never been obese. You do NOT show the typical saggy looseness that most of us have after significant weight loss. If you can believe your bf and feel good about yourself, that would be great.

Sometimes, I think ps has more benefit for us just making us feel better about ourselves, than it does by the physical changes it makes (because lets face it, most people never see the body parts that are worked on anyway). If you'll never be OK with your body "in your head", then ps may be worthwhile.
DrL
on 12/1/09 1:18 pm - Houston, TX
Only you can determine if the scars, downtime, and risks are a good trade for the positive changes PS may offer.

My personal philosphy is that I prefer to see patients "lose" things, rather than "gain."  In other words, large overhanging skin flaps, long breast folds, pubic skin excess, etc are things people want "rid of" and they are really happy with surgery.

Once we get into "I want to look younger, smoother, tighter, perkier, etc" it gets harder to figure out those expectations and thus harder to deliver a good result and get a happy patient.

We all think of changing something about ourselves from time to time, but actually going under the knife is a big deal.  I personally feel patients need to be really unhappy about something to justify surgery.

The fact that you are asking and posting pics is, really brave, for one thing...but also tells me something about your true feelings. 

Oh, and btw, you look great.after a 70+ lv weight loss !
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
playwithzoe
on 12/2/09 12:55 am, edited 12/2/09 1:10 am
Thank you Dr. Lo for your thoughtful and informed advice.  I guess I really have to examine my expectations.  I "think" I am realistic.  I don't expect perfection, I just want some improvement.  I feel like I've wasted so much time and life being over weight.

I'm hoping that since I don't need massive skin removal  and that everything can be done with local and twilight that the risks and pain will be minimized and the recovery much quicker.  But perhaps I'm fooling myself. I had lipo many years ago 90/91 pre tumescent or laser and it was pretty violent.  And although the shape of my thighs was better I ended up with pock marks and often wonder if the trade off was worth it.  I was hoping the newer methods would be much better between that and possible fat grafting I might be able to smooth out/ re-sculpt some of the pock marks.

I'm going to really give it a lot more thought and perhaps talk with a therapist and definitely several surgeons in person to make sure if I go through with it my expectations are in line.

Tamera

U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

kidneedonor
on 12/1/09 4:30 pm
I must say w/ this post to listen to your boyfriend.  He is right, your back side could use some work but you look awesome. You must be very young to bounce back like this .. so save your pennys for when you get older like us all when y ou will really need it.. for now enjoy your new founded body. 
Natalie

Starting Wgt 238  Goal Wgt 145  Current Wgt 133
RNY 09/09/08 by Dr. Kruger
Full anchor TT on November 27, 2009 by Dr. Laurence Rheingold
Breast Reduction and Breast Lift May 24, 2010 by Dr. Laurence Rheingold

www.myspace.com/kidneedonor        
playwithzoe
on 12/2/09 12:13 am
Thanks Natalie - I'm 46 so not so young. I know I'm lucky that my skin has maintained some elasticity but I've heard that is the best time to do Plastics, better than waiting.   But we will see, everyone has been so kind with their responses.

juliemomto2
on 12/2/09 2:10 am
Truly, if I were in your shoes, I would probably try to live with what you have or maybe consider a breast lift/aug if you want that fullness.  Recovery from plastics is not fun, and of course the money is a consideration.  I was hoping to be in your shoes since I started off as a relative "lightweight", but I ended up with loads and loads more skin that I thought I would, I guess because I was large fora  loooong time.  Anyway, in the end, you need to do what will make you happy and satisfied, but you could get by without it.  Good luck to you!!!

playwithzoe
on 12/2/09 4:50 am
I was lucky in that I went up and down up and down my whole life.  I didn't spend too long more than 30-40lbs over weight and I do think that helped with the extra skin.  I also never really carried my weight in my stomach, it was the last thing to get big.

Well PS certainly isn't something I'm taking lightly, if I do it it will be after much thought.  Thanks for y our feedback.

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/09 4:46 am
Most Active