How soon can I work after TT & lipo?

Dana N.
on 11/29/09 11:59 am, edited 11/29/09 12:10 pm - New York, NY
I have a desk job but a very demanding desk job, and I typically work 9am to 8pm or later.  I am scheduled for TT and lipo for my saddlebags on 12/18 and will work from home until 1/4.  Two questions - will I be too out of it to work from home?  Is two weeks enough time before going back?  

Maybe I've spent too much time reading this weekend but I am freaking myself out! 

I'm 38, 189 down from 305, was the last FDA trial patient for the lap band in 2001...

Thanks!
Dana
wendy_fou
on 11/29/09 12:29 pm - AR
I don't have a desk job.  But about half my job is at a desk, typing @ a computer, etc.  (The other half is driving around & talking w/ people, etc.)

I have been off since my surgery 11/19/09.  I am going back tomorrow & definately feel ready to go back. 

Am I 100% back to normal?  No.  That takes weeks and even a couple of months!  But I am definately well enough to work - even at my job which is demanding like yours. 

(In addition to a tummy tuck w/ lipo, I had a panni lift & breast augmentation w/ implants!)

Good luck! 

Wen
Dana N.
on 11/29/09 12:43 pm - New York, NY
 Wow Wen - that's a lot of stuff done at once!  Very happy to hear that you feel ready to go back - will you please let me know how you feel this week?  Fingers crossed for you!

Dana
MistersMom65
on 11/29/09 3:25 pm - TN
I went back to my desk job after 2 weeks. I had TT and some Lipo. I should have really waited until 3 weeks,I think. I work 8 hours and it was really a little much the first week after  going back. Good luck!!

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

kidneedonor
on 11/29/09 8:26 pm
I just had my tummy tuck on the 27th and I plan on taking 3 weeks off.. I hope I too will be ready to go back and be productive. I am a nurse on my feet all night long so I opted for 3 weeks instead of the normal 2 weeks that they recommend.  Good Luck !
Natalie

Starting Wgt 238  Goal Wgt 145  Current Wgt 133
RNY 09/09/08 by Dr. Kruger
Full anchor TT on November 27, 2009 by Dr. Laurence Rheingold
Breast Reduction and Breast Lift May 24, 2010 by Dr. Laurence Rheingold

www.myspace.com/kidneedonor        
azreggie
on 11/30/09 3:02 am - Tucson, AZ
I too have a desk job and I gave myself 3 weeks off.  I had a TT on the 18th, will have the drains out at the 2 week mark.  I am 57 years old and just figured that I had the time so I would take it.  I have to say, that after the first week I have been getting better everyday by leaps and bounds.  Have been off the pain meds for a couple of days now and that feels good, but I still don't feel like going anywhere with these drains in.  Once they are out I'm sure that will change.  Good luck to you.

Reggie

katiekat412
on 11/30/09 4:03 am
I took three weeks as well. I started to do a little work from home starting at two weeks, and I'm just entering my third. I don't think I would have been able to focus before now, but I'm definately feeling on the mend.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Dana N.
on 11/30/09 5:17 am - New York, NY
Thanks so much for all the feedback.  I feel nervous about just taking 2 weeks and 2 days now but altogether it equals 18 days off so hopefully that will be enough.  I'm off to see the surgeon now for the rest of my pre-op consult.  Cheers! Dana
M B.
on 11/30/09 7:07 am - Warrensburg, MO
I had my anchor cut TT (no lipo) on 11/12.  I went back to work today, so I had 17 days off.  I made it until 3 pm.  I have a desk job also, but have the luxury of a flexible schedule.  I got up at 5:45 and by 3 pm I was feeling like I needed to put my feet up, readjust my binder, and take a nap :)    I think you will "feel" like working, especially from home, where you can be comfortable; and you maybe ready to go back at that time, but don't feel bad if you have to cut the day short.   

Marilyn  
Weight at Consult - 247 / Goal weight - 145 
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"
Anchor cut tummy tuck on 11/12/09

wondering
on 11/30/09 7:12 am - Canada
My advice - stay away from the computer for two weeks.  I didn't THINK I was out of it but I managed to kill my VISA card with online shopping without thinking about what I was doing!  I couldn't have gone back at two weeks out.  In my haste to get back to work and my "normal" life, I developed a seroma.   I'm 4 weeks and I still don't think I'm ready - I am still napping during the day.  But I guess everyone is different.
L.

Most Active