Article Regarding Medical Tourism

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/09 1:21 pm - Haleiwa, HI
I read this article on my Delta flight while I was traveling this past week for Thanksgiving.  I thought it was interesting.

http://msp.imirus.com/Mpowered/imirus.jsp?volume=ds09&issue=8&page=120
Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/29/09 3:01 pm
I think that was a very good article.  The sad thing is that there are still so many people who don't believe it can be a vital option.  Thanks for sharing Jessica!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Lucy V.
on 11/29/09 11:57 pm
Thanks for the info Jess.  I"m gonna submit my reconstructive PS request to my insurance 1st of Jan (since thats when the new plan starts) and we'll see what they say (Yeah Yeah Yeah...still gonna try) and if that doesn't work out I'll most likely be going the medtour way.

Was: 344LBS (sz 28/30)   Now:187LBS (sz 14)   Want:175LBS (sz 12)

JUST LIVE YOUR LIFE!

Soaplady
on 11/30/09 2:01 am - Guilford, NY
Hi Jess,

I didnt go to the link but believe I read the same article in Sky Magazine while I was travelling to and from Mexico.

I know someone who went to Thailand for a sex change and was delighted with both there surgical results and the gender change. Other people I know have gone to other countries for non plastics, and have been very happy.

I think as a whole...we Americans think all others are sub-standard and that is just such a crock. We are NOT the innovators and leaders we think we are...in fact, in many areas we are sooo behind the 8-ball. Any wonder we have a reputation as an arrogant society, We need to open our minds and expand our horizons.

We "aint all that , and a bag of chips"!

Soapy
O. Kufi
on 11/30/09 2:12 am
Alright Soapy "get down wit yo bad self"!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

WildeWoman1
on 11/30/09 2:14 am, edited 11/30/09 2:36 am
On November 30, 2009 at 10:01 AM Pacific Time, Soaplady wrote: Hi Jess,

I didnt go to the link but believe I read the same article in Sky Magazine while I was travelling to and from Mexico.

I know someone who went to Thailand for a sex change and was delighted with both there surgical results and the gender change. Other people I know have gone to other countries for non plastics, and have been very happy.

I think as a whole...we Americans think all others are sub-standard and that is just such a crock. We are NOT the innovators and leaders we think we are...in fact, in many areas we are sooo behind the 8-ball. Any wonder we have a reputation as an arrogant society, We need to open our minds and expand our horizons.

We "aint all that , and a bag of chips"!

Soapy :

In my research on my own PS journey- The USA ranks 72nd by the WHO for medical care. That is a little scary!!

Costa Rica ranks 28th. Pretty impressive!!
Linda
Soaplady
on 11/30/09 3:00 am - Guilford, NY
See what I mean??

We aint so hot!!
Pura Vida
on 11/30/09 10:28 am - Costa Rica
Yeah Costa Rica!!! I can personally vouch that the medical care (private) is top notch!

Heather

WildeWoman1
on 11/30/09 9:56 pm
Heather ~

I am going in May next year. May I ask who you saw?

Thanks!
Linda
O. Kufi
on 11/30/09 2:10 am
Jess

Thanks for the article, it is intresting. I have seen a few programs on TV about people going to other countries for medical procedures. Many cited the reasoning was due to poor or no medical insurance and the need for the procedures to be done but could not afford it. It really should not be in the country but it is what it is so we have had to find alternatives/options to meet our medical needs.

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Most Active