Possible round 2? HELP !

oceanwave2
on 11/29/09 4:16 am - Clayton, NC
Hey girls and guys,

I just wanted to post a little update on myself.  Things have been quite busy over the past few months.  As some of you already know I had an Anchor TT and breast lift this past May 2009.  I am praying and hopeing that insurance will pay the rest of my surgeries.  My insurance covered my TT and BL.   I have already asked that all of my doctors send my records to my PS so that he can send all of the information at one time for consideration. 

The surgeries I am planning on are the following...

1. Lower Body Lift with and Inner thigh lift and liposuction.

2.  Arm lift and possible breast implant with lipo.  This to be done at the five week mark.

Those are the surgeries I need to have and here is the information that I will be submitting to the insurance company, keep in mind that my insurance covers medically necessary plastic surgery.......

1.  Records and letters from my PCP, GYN, and Plastice surgeon.
2.  Records from my dermatologist, orthopedics, physical therapist.
3.  I will also be writing a letter myself and getting my pharmacy records

All of this will be submitted to my insurance company Medcost.

If you all could please give me your opinion on if you were the insurance company and were getting all this information would you approve or dissapprove my surgery request.

Thanks for all your help.

Jasmine
AbidinginHIM
on 11/29/09 3:08 pm - Ontario, CA
I wish you luck Jasmine.  My insurance applied 4000 towards my LBL - which is the portion they would have covered for a panni removal.  They also covered the breast lift.  Even though I had my primary and OB/GYN saying that my legs needed to be done, they were denied and not covered.  My arms were not covered either, and my flanks were done as part of the revision to my LBL at no charge. 

Hopefully, someone who has had arms or thighs covered by insurance will have more advice for you.

Good Luck,

Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
spybo
on 11/30/09 10:41 am - Houston area, TX
I'm sorry, Jasmine, but I don't know anyone who was able to get arms and inner thighs covered at all.  I think insurance always considers these "cosmetic."
Most Active