Can you recommend some good protein that doesn't have Vitamin E...

salinasyaya
on 11/29/09 9:25 am - Corpus Christi, TX
VSG on 07/29/08 with
Thanks...I'm not big on protein shakes so how much should I take for after?

AbidinginHIM
on 11/29/09 1:16 pm, edited 11/29/09 1:17 pm - Ontario, CA
I was told a minimum of 100 grams for healing from plastics.  I do try and get in a protein shake, but you could add the powder to yogurt or hot drinks, or oatmeal too.

I like Unjury best, and it doesn't have Vitamin E
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
(deactivated member)
on 11/29/09 1:18 pm - Haleiwa, HI
From my instructions, I only had to stop the Vitamin E before surgery.  I used Muscle Milk Protein Plus in chocolate powder  from Costco.    I started it 1 month before surgery.

Leslie T.
on 11/29/09 8:13 pm - Northern, KY
I like the BSN Lean Dessert protein powders (vanilla is my favorite the banana nut bread flavor is my second in line)
RNY 5/2008 180 pounds lost from highest weight.   TT and arms done 12/2009
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
(deactivated member)
on 12/2/09 3:31 am
You only have to stop the vitamin E pre-op.  I hate protein shakes I just can't get them down, so when I was in Mexico I had 3 Nectar by synthrax drinks they are 23gr of protein per scoop & 90 cals. I use the fuzzy navel flavor.  To me it tastes like a peach flavored tang breakfast drink. It is the only one I can get down. Also it does not have to be blended you can just shake it with 8 oz of water.

Fab 
Chris D
on 12/2/09 6:41 am - Prince Rupert, Canada
RNY on 10/01/08 with
I just ordered the fuzzy peach as well.  OMG...  yum...  I am so sick of chocolate and vanilla.  I have also bought Muscle milk light bars.   THEY ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOO  YUMMY.  It's like eating a Mars Bar with protein.  I will be taking 2 boxes of those with me to Mexico as well in 11 days (yikes).  I got the fuzzy peach in individual packages.  I had originally planned on bringing RTD muscle milk but since finding these, the muscle milk has gone to my teenage son.  :)

Most Active