Ontario PS- TT and AL 16 days ago Dr. Kriedstein

lifechange
on 11/28/09 4:27 am - Canada
I tend to be be an observer on these boards but 16 days ago I bit the bullet and had a TT and brachioplasty with Dr. Kriedstein- Bayview and York Mills in Toronto.  I had been debating this for a long time and was really considering a thigh lift.  I had a consult with another PS back in July and I was really uncomfortable with him.  He tried to convince me that Laser Lipo would work on all parts of me.  I really had a hard time believing it would get rid of my rather large panni.  So I decided not to do anything. Then I went to see Dr. Kriedstein  he was very honest with me about what he could do for me, what the best procedures were and what I would not be happy with.  He told me that my legs, while they may bother me are  not bad enough for a full thigh lift and I don't need any inner thigh work.  He told me I would be happiest with a tummy tuck and then arms if I wanted. He sat down and drew diagrams re the procedures.  On Nov 12 I had my surgery.  His staff in recovery were wonderful.  I recovered easily and drove home with my husband for the two hour drive.- no pain.  I am thrilled with the results so far.  He does progressive tension suturing so that means a faster recovery- you are never hunched over, you don't need drains or compression garments.  I do wear a binder for three weeks for structure not compression.  I had no pain whatsoever in my arms, definite swelling as expected.  He told me he is very careful to avoid the many nerves that are in the arms.  I was driving in less than a week.  The pain for my TT was really only for getting up and down and it was more of a burning sensation than pain.  My two week appt he removed the stitches in my arms and cleared me to start exercising next  week. If I feel pain stop.  The incisions look great right now, i have had zero problem with them. Bottom line I highly recommend him.  S
Panda ..
on 11/28/09 4:58 am
L N.
on 11/28/09 6:49 am - , CA
That is wonderful!!! Congratulations. It sounds like your surgeon is really good and that he knows his stuff!!! Will you be posting pictures??? I like the fact that he was honest about what you needed and what you could do without and wasn't just trying to sell you everything...of course, if money were no object, I'm sure more of us would do more...but as for me, getting my tummy done is the thing that has made the biggest difference. Keep us posted on your recovery....Cheers

LN

lifechange
on 11/28/09 9:03 am - Canada
I haven't taken any pictures.  Dr K has taken pictures.  But I will try and take some pictures, I certainly have found it helpful looking at others so I should return the favor.
lifechange
on 11/28/09 8:58 am - Canada
Re the cost: I did not find any significant difference between PS that I consulted.  I think that it is really a range and depends on how much work has to be done.  $6-$9k. I did not have any work done to the muscles at all and I chose to have my procedure done in his clinic vs the hospital.  I think you are more likely to pick up other infections at the hospital.   I will be trying to write it off as a medical expense on my tax return as well.  I was amazed because I had a muffin top as well as hanging lower abdomen and I did not have to have any vertical incision. I am really happy with my TT. 
O. Kufi
on 11/28/09 10:12 am
Congratulations!  It always so great to hear satisfaction and success in this journey!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Most Active