Best Support/Compression Garment?

wendy_fou
on 11/29/09 3:48 am - AR
I am looking for the absolute best compression/support garment to keep pressure on my lower tummy. 

I need a garment that comes in small or even extra-small and I prefer firm control over light control.

My problem has been that every garment I find works perfectly on my waist line, but overs little support at all on my lowest abdomin.  I need one that works there the BEST. 

As of today, I have switched to a Wal-Mart size small girdle to try to get SOME better support on that area - but even this is not really cutting it.  HELP!
(deactivated member)
on 11/29/09 4:06 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I tried many and finally ended up with the standard compression garment which worked well from the waist up and then I pulled the binder on real tight to hold the lower tummy area. ...it kind of rights along my hips.  It's worked for me.  Of course when I go out or have people in I remove the binder and just wear the compression garment.  So far I'm happy with the way this combo works.

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/09 4:23 am
Flexees, like Spanx, comes in itsy bitsy sizes, and is good for women with "hourglass" or "pear" shapes.

Dr Rey  -- the TV hawker's brand -- is better for apple-shaped women.

Soaplady
on 11/29/09 6:15 am - Guilford, NY
My surgeon provided me with 2 breast/arm garments and 2 full lower garments made by Veronique. They are super constricting and sturdy as all get-out. The lower has hooks/eyes AND a zipper...which I was sure would rip the first time I was stuffed into it...but 3 weeks later they are holding up perfectly.They are available online.

I also have a Lipo-in-a-box shaper that covers the breasts to the midcalf. It is not quite as compressive, but works well anyway and is a tad more comfy (no hooks/zipper to cause pinching or whatever. Plus...it makes the breasts look awesome with its underwire and soft but firm cups. I bought that online about 3-4 years ago. I thought it would be too loose but it still took muscle to pull that mama up.

Soapy
O. Kufi
on 11/29/09 7:14 am, edited 11/29/09 7:15 am
I am with Soapy...I like the Design Veronique especially for the first 6 weeks of healing. The hooks and zippers help with putting them on and taking them off comfortably and without assistance.  I like the Flexees too and wore them quite a bit but I did not wear them until I was completely healed. I find them to be quite comfortable for all day wear at the office.

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

AbidinginHIM
on 11/29/09 7:23 am - Ontario, CA
I haven't found any in the department store products that have the support of the more expensive garments meant for plastic surgery recovery.  Have you tried www.makemeheal.com? I've gotten the Design Veronique garments from my doctor, and have ordered additional ones from Make Me Heal, and I 've also gotten the Rainey garments.  Both are very good, and offer great support.  Yes, they are more expensive - by far, but the support and durability is great.  I didn't expect to find myself back in a lower/mid body garment after my arm lift, but my incisions go all the way down my flanks on both sides and end at my hip bones.  I've been in both upper body and lower body since surgery, and as of now I'm out of upper body garments.  BUT I was able to pull out my Design Veronique or Rainey garments from before and know that I would have the great firm compression that I need to help with the seromas.
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
cleos_mom
on 11/29/09 10:06 am - phila., PA
Rainey garments or marena garments, thes garments arre real compression for PS, the flexees & spanx are compresson garments to hold you in but they do not have the same compression as PS compression garments. I also hear the Veronique are great
Susan
wendy_fou
on 11/29/09 12:36 pm - AR
Thanks everybody! 

I could have went with my surgeon's garments, but his nurse (who is also a previous patient of his) said that they were mostly good for women bigger than me and that they are also not so great for side sleepers because of the zipper(s) in the side(s).  So I chose to get my own and not have them provide them to me.  I didn't even ask her what brand she was talking about that they use.   

I never thought I'd say this in my life, but my problem is that most of the garments are too big for me.  I'm not kidding.  While I should be overjoyed to have that EVER coming out of my mouth, it's really inconvenient now. 

I will check out some of the brands y'all talked about. 
AbidinginHIM
on 11/29/09 1:43 pm - Ontario, CA
The stage 2 garments don't have zippers, and I'm a side and tummy sleeper.  I haven't found the zippers to be an issue that way.

Rainey are much softer than the Design Veronique.  They do run small - you might be surprised.  Much smaller than the ones in the department store.
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
Most Active