Can someone tell me How Long....................

Maureen K.
on 11/29/09 3:23 am
Hi,

I am 4 weeks out and I know it is still really soon but I am just wondering if someone can tell me how long does it take before you feel normal and at 100% again. I have heard like 6 months.
I feel pretty good but still worry about hurting something when getting up out of bed or reaching sometimes cause pain in my breasts - (Oh sorry I had a LBL and breast lift aumentation)
My stomach is still feeling numb and tight but not toobad and my breats are getting softer but still feel tender and have sharp pains every now and then. I go to the doc tomorrow and plan on asking questions but just thought I would get some answers from you guys as well.
Oh yeah one more questions how long before you can have real normal sex without worrying of hurting or tearing something my DH is dying LOL. Thanks for any responses

MO

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/09 3:49 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi! I'll try to help...well at least I can share my own experience....

FYI - the sharp shooting pains is usually the nerves reconnecting.  I had that especially in my breasts.  If you massage them lightly it helps.  I used to walk around the rubbing my boobs....lol

With my breast reduction/lift I felt completely normal, no pain when rolling over in bed or reaching for the alarm clock around the 2 1/2  month mark.

With my Tummy it will be 3 months in a few days and I am still all numb and feel "pulling".  It's my understanding this will last at least 4-6 months (all the muscle work).  Sex is not "normal" yet (frustrating for both of us).  For the first time I went a whole day without wearing my compression garment....at night I looked pregnant and I NEVER have swelling in my tummy (because I always wear my compression garment) so today I am back in it.  I'll take it off at night to sleep only.

With my arms it was week 6 that I felt almost normal.

Hope that helps a little....PM me is you have specific questions and I'll share my experiences....
Best wishes on your recovery!
Ruth

Maureen K.
on 11/29/09 9:41 am
Thanks Ruth,

All your experiences help alot- I would love to keep in touch to see how your recovery is going so that I can know what and approx. when to expect things- Told my hubby about the boob massage and he says he is happy to help me with that since it is all he gets LOL.
Thanks Again. Best Wishes to you.

MO

BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/09 7:07 am
I had my tt and breast lift with implants 3 months ago and my belly and breast are still numb.  the first time I attempted to have intercourse was at exactly 4 weeks post-op.  It wasn't the most comfortable feeling, but as time passes it gets better.  I was about 9 weeks post-op when I was finally able to enjoy it.

Sherline
Maureen K.
on 11/29/09 9:45 am
Thanks Sherline,

It is so helpful hearing where others are at with their recovery - I don;t like the numb feeling in the tummy sometimes I have an itch there and I go to scratch it and I can't feel it so it doesn't help the itch go away. I was hoping that part would go away sooner oh well. Thanks for sharing your experinces with me I love hearing about your progress so keep me posted if you can thx.

Best wishes to you !!!!!

MO

BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

lizzybear
on 11/29/09 10:37 am, edited 11/29/09 10:38 am - Olympia, WA
I'm at 4 weeks from my extended abdominoplasty and have been wondering the same thing.  I've been back to work for 1-1/2 weeks and felt okay.  But today after a day of Christmas shopping with hubby, I'm wiped out and my tummy hurts - when we got home I had to run in and take the first Tylenol I've needed in over 4 days!

My poochy swollen area above the incision line is the only place that's still numb (at least I hope it's swollen and that pooch isn't here to stay).  I'm constantly running into the kitchen countertop with it because it hits before the rest of me and I can't feel it till it's pushed pretty far in.  LOL - I can totally relate to trying to scratch the itch, but you can't feel your fingers touching so the itch won't go away!

I've been afraid to try sex because I didn't know if it was okay yet or not and don't want to disrupt the tightened tummy muscles.  My hubby keeps asking "now?" "now?" every day and I keep saying nope, nope. It's good to hear other folks' experiences so we know if we're "normal" or not.

Good to know that the sharp pains are the nerves reconnecting - I was wondering if I was ripping something.  I've got the compression garment on and the binder still.  Doc said I could quit wearing the binder, but I tried not wearing it one day and was really swollen and achy by late afternoon and had muscle spasm feelings in my abdomen most of the night.  Do you still have your binder on?

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Maureen K.
on 11/29/09 10:46 pm
You are so right so reassuring knowing we think , feel and wonder the same things.
I am still wearing my binder my doc says wearing it 24/7 for 3 to 4 months it is annoying I take it off in the morning for about an hour before my shower and then another 1/2 hour after but thats it otherwise I wear it all the time. I am too afraid not to follow my docs orders not sure what will happen.
Like I said I am going in today I will report back here his answers to my questions.

Thx

MO

BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Kristi H.
on 11/29/09 12:00 pm - Killeen, TX
I had my LBL and breast lift on Sept. 3rd.  It still hurts to sneeze, but I don't have any real pain other than that.  Every once in a while I get real bloated feeling, and I actually experienced bloating with my period which I guess I was always to big to notice before.

My breasts do have a slight pain every once in a while and someone here stated that meant the nerves were reconnecting, I hope that is the case because as of now I still have zero feeling in my nipples. 

Sex was fine for me pretty quickly unless I tried to lay on my back, that hurt really badly when he pressed into me so we had to find alternate ways. He didn't seem to mind that to much!!

Oh also still a alot of parts of my tummy and near my belly button are numb.
WildeWoman1
on 11/30/09 2:42 am

When you all say "compression garment" - you mean a stage 2 - like a girdle - correct?

Not that zipper & hooks & eye thing with straps?

Thanks!

Linda

Most Active