WTF

Anjail
on 11/27/09 5:08 am - Detroit, MI

Ok, so this swelling is no joke. Question, how can I swell more at 11weeks post-op extended TT than I did when I first had the surgery. I've been totally swollen for a whole week now. No, the swelling is not going and coming. It came and it still there. I don't have sperts where I will swell then the swelling will go down. I'm swollen and it isn't going down at all. I've even began to wear my binder again but that is not helping. Still swell with it off or on.

What can I do? I know everyone swells but is there anyone who swell and the swelling didn't go down for weeks? WTF, I've been looking like I'm 2 month pregnant for about a week now. My stomach use to be so flat but now I have this big bubble in the middle under my navel. I know I don't have seroma and it's not fluid in there. It's swolled tissue. I wi**** was seroma. At least that way I know I could go to the Dr and get the fluid off and feel normal.

Any advise would help me at this point. I'm going to call my Dr but I really don't think that there is anything that she can do. I know I'm not the only person whom this happens to.

fluffigal
on 11/27/09 5:23 am - MI
You know I don't know I'm hoping to be where you are...but I hope it gets better soon, Jessica...inside joke
Alycia

286/156/144/155    5'5 1/2"
day pre-surg diet started & highest weight/ current/ dr's goal/my goal
ohcardsmalycia.jpg Century card image by fluffigal
Guilt is the Teacher, Love is the Lesson
Joan Borysenko
Anjail
on 11/27/09 5:27 am - Detroit, MI
Ok funny lady! You will get here and when you do you will see just how we feel. How are you anyway?????
DrL
on 11/27/09 5:47 am - Houston, TX
Now you know why it's caled "Swell Hell."

Usually, the swelling comes and goes.  You may want your doc to take a look just to be sure there is no collection of fluid (seroma) causing your issues.

You may also find tnis helpful:

http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/tummy-tuck/swell-hell-wh at-normal-t57927.html
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
HolliBeth1
on 11/27/09 9:41 am - Millbrook, AL
I went through the same thing....wear your binder, eliminate salt, increase water, don't eat pork...go bland for awhile...sit with your feet up.....and I know you have heard it before, but it will take time!!!

Highest~ 267/ Surgery~ 253/Current~133/ GOAL 130
August 31, 2006 ~ Gastric Bypass~December 19, 2008 ~Tuck with muscle repair~December 16, 2009 ~ Tummy Tuck revision (loosened skin as a result of stretch marks), Mons reduction, Mini Inner Thigh Lift, BL/BA to Full C from AA :)~December 18, 2013 ~ Butt Lift and brachioplasty~Completed by Dr. Wang-Ashraf at Artisan Plastic Surgery in Atlanta, Georgia.
"No day, but today", RENT...Johnathan Larson

Melissa M.
on 11/27/09 1:14 pm - Seabrook, TX
I'm 5 1/2 months and still swell.  I got so tired of saying that too!  It's not as bad as the beginning but I definitely notice it.  I was on my feet all day Wednesday cooking and I felt so bloated by that night.  I even noticed my thighs were a little swollen as well.  I couldn't even tell you from one day to the next why I swell and won't the other and I do the same thing each of those days.  I don't know if having the LBL with the anchor cut and lipo adds to the length of the swelling or not.  Who knows??  Just hang in there!
noeldawn
on 11/27/09 2:00 pm - Mayberry, NC
I'm so glad to read this post. I am a little over 4 weeks post tt and am still having alot of swelling. It's very discouraging! This gives me hope that it will get better and I need to have patience! Dr. L's link was encouraging as well! Thanks!
Most Active