Did you go thru emotional time after ps?

dhaworth
on 11/27/09 12:45 am
Did you go thru an emotional time after having ps??  I had a tt on monday and today is friday and I am very emotional, just wishing I felt "normal".  I am not a crier AT ALL, and today I am crying, totally weird for me. 

Please let me know if you went thru this.

Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 11/27/09 1:26 am - San Jose, CA
YES!

I just had a facelift and brachioplasty on Nov. 1st, and I have had anxiety and panic attacks, which I have NEVER had.  I was supposed to have my LBL and thighs done on Monday, and I canceled it.  I cried with relief when I did - I am not ready for more pain and limitation and feeling weak.  I too just want to feel NORMAL again.

I'm trying to taper off the pain meds now, and hope at least some of these feelings can be attributed to the side effects of the narcotics.
MistersMom65
on 11/27/09 2:10 am, edited 11/27/09 2:10 am - TN
TOTALLY normal. My PS gave me some information on the wide range of emotions I could experience...and I hit everyone!! I was so exited one minute and then soooo depressed the next. This happened with both my surgery last year(Breast/face lifts) and my TT this year.

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/09 3:00 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Yep...sure did.....it's a roller coaster but it does pass and you'll start to feel better with each new day.  Hang in there!!
Anjail
on 11/27/09 5:10 am - Detroit, MI
Yes, I too were very emotional. I inboxed you a message. Hell, I'm still emotional. As far as feeling normal. I have a long way to go. I don't think I will feel normal until the swelling completely goes down and I STOP SWELLING.

Here's to feeling NORMAL AGAIN!!!!! You take it easy
BonBon1
on 11/27/09 6:49 am - Somewhere, GA
Oh, honey, I am crying every 2 minutes right  now, for no reason whatever!  Happy crying, sad crying,  who knows why crying!  This makes my 4th surgery in all, but my 1st PS surgery, and I have experienced this each time.  Was kinda expecting it!
   Good luck and I'm sure we'll be past this soon.
                                Bonnie
(deactivated member)
on 11/27/09 6:59 am
I didn't go through nearly the rollercoaster that happened after WLS -- and then again, I was thoroughly under a blanket of pain relief and barely able to think a clear thought . . . 

But this seems like a thoroughly normal reaction to having your life turned upside down, to me.

dhaworth
on 11/27/09 11:43 pm
Thanks so much for all the replys!!!
wendy_fou
on 11/29/09 2:10 am - AR
Yes I did. 
Most Active