Silicon Strips or Vitamin E oil...

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/09 6:42 am
I use biodermis/epiderm (which is what my son's plastics reconstruction guy recommended) and the cost depends on the size that you buy.

I have seen others make different recommendations -- I think it's the product and not the brand that matters.  I am simply going with what is familiar.

To shop:  http://www.biodermis.com/

wondering
on 11/27/09 9:42 pm - Canada
At 46.50 per pair (TT or LBL), I'm assuming you don't change these things everyday.  There's nothing on their website that i can find that talks about how long to keep them on.  How many did you order?
L.

MultiMom
on 11/27/09 10:00 pm - NH
The silicone strips that I used (and I assume they are all similar) are reusable. They recommended 12 hours on and 12 off using the liquid while they were off. When the 'stickiness' wears off, then you can wash them off to renew the sticky.

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/09 1:16 am
 I wear mine for about two weeks -- 23-1/2 hours at a shot.  I remove them to shower, and replace them when I'm dried off.

I did not have success with washing them ... some do . . . after a while they become inCRUDulous, and you need a new pair.

FWIW, my 9 year old son wears the same one for a month and does NOT remove it when showering ... obviously, individual mileage varies!
Most Active