BA - Under Arm or through Nipple

WildeWoman1
on 11/26/09 2:37 am
Which approach did you choose & why?

Thanks so much!!
AbidinginHIM
on 11/26/09 3:10 am - Ontario, CA
I don't have implants but was the primary support and recovery person for my friend who did this summer.  Her incisions are TINY and just around the bottom of the areola. Now, 5 months later, you cannot see them.  Her surgeon went sub muscular as well.  She was an A before, had 370cc implants and is now a very full D.  She looks very natural.  Now, she has never been overweight, and I'm sure that makes a difference. She is 50 and has always just been very small and wanted to finally get implants.  She has no loss of sensation and like I said, tiny not noticable incisions.
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
WildeWoman1
on 11/26/09 3:50 am
Thanks so much!! Especially to hear she was 50!!
I am 50 now - will be 51 when I go for my surgery.

I am a B now & want to be a full D!!

Linda
wendy_fou
on 11/26/09 4:49 am - AR
My incisions are around the nipple, then I have more incisions below each breast because I had so much extra skin remove and my lift was practically feet instead of inches.  LOL

My surgeon chose those incisions for minimum not only minimum scarring but quick healing time which was just as important to me as scarring. 

Just a side note though - the incisions aren't really painful on the breasts.  Its the swelling and the initial hardness of the implants.  I can't wait until another day or two passes and the implants soften.  It took my mom's about 9 days post-op to start to soften up.  So I figure I have another 2 or 3 days of the hardness before mine start to soften. 
MultiMom
on 11/26/09 8:10 am - NH
Neither........I had silicone implants and my incision was in the inframammory fold. I breastfed 5 babies and hated the idea of nipple pain , been there, done that!  My incisions are small and getting harder to see every day.

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

trishy
on 11/26/09 11:20 pm, edited 11/26/09 11:22 pm

Well, I had a lift w/ implants and so I have an inscision around the nipple and straight down from nipple to fold.  The nipple inscisions have healed the quickest and so far you can not even tell there was an inscision.  Doc used stitches under skin.  I have a friend that had her's glued on and there is scarring a bit.  But her's are several years out from surgery and she admits to not doing much scar treatment.

Almost forgot... Doc also reduced size of my areola as well. 

Revision Band to Sleeve scheduled 10/29

Most Active