pain medication infusion pump, drains and amount of skin and fat removal

Jaime Breckenridge
on 11/27/09 11:03 pm - IL
They are keeping the entire wound covered, so a LONG bandage job, heh.  I am glad too because I think the support garment would 'wear' into the wound but maybe not.

I have been a bit worried because sometimes I can stand up more erect than other times and I am not sure if I am suppose to be able to do that.  Standing isn't painful anymore, getting up or sitting down is but the pain is exactly like having sore muscles and having to use them.  I keep my legs up but not all the time, I sit in a recliner with the legs up.  I also sit at the computer some and in the computer chair, as it leans back.  We play games, backgammon, Yahtzee, cards, etc... and I use the computer chair at the table.  I also go outside in the 30-40 degree weather and sit on the bench we have on the porch.

I lay on the bed so the home healthcare nurse can change my bandages and that is the only time.  It hurts so bad trying to get up.  Remember any single thing you do that uses your abdominal muscles will hurt.  Oh, well maybe not.  If you aren't having abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) or a hernia repaired they will not be cutting into the muscle from my understanding.  I have wondered out loud to the nurses, my wife, the doctors and anyone that will listen that I think the majority of my pain is from the muscle for the hernia repair.

Can't wait to read your checkup.  I am sending a friend request so I can follow your progress.

-Jaime

Most Active