11 days post TT w/ MR and Lipo (flanks)

aknewme
on 11/27/09 1:08 pm
I posted this on another site...since, I am apart of this site I figured I share here as well:

Stopping by to wish everyone a safe and happy thnxgiving. I actually COOKED & ate last night...had my bf and brothers pick/move the two big turkeys. I was determined (hunched over and all) to cook thanxgiving dinner. I took a lot of breaks, but it got better as the day went out.

Today, I am standing str8er than yesterday and did not take any pain or anxiety pills...

I still cannot manage to sleep more than 3-4hrs. THAT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY! (lol)

I looked at myself (w/o the binder) and I hate this swelling. I am so round it isnt funny...I feel/think I looked better before the sx. I am having regrets about even having the sx. My mom and bf said, to give it time; that I am just one of those cases that may take 4wks or more before changes happen so be patient. I look at my ps's photos and look at ur ladies and compare my body and Im just NOT happy.

I figure as long as I keep in my size 8 pants...I'm content *sighs...15k...WASTED?* .
cleos_mom
on 11/27/09 2:03 pm - phila., PA
Hi
 when did you have your sx, some of the swelling should go down about 10-14 days that is when a lot of your water weight will go down and then it should go down like every couple days. I meaasuered my girth when I came home and actually I do it every day now. Always wear your binder 24/7 and still rest up the more you do the more you will swell.
I had sx on Monday and last night was the first night Islept for 6 hrs then I took a 2 hr nap this afternoon and now it is 1 a.m.  and I am wide awake I even took Benadryl.
One thng about PS is that most results are not immediate, when I had my TT it took a couple weeks before I could wear my pre-surgery pants
good luck to you
Susan
heatherp
on 11/27/09 4:23 pm - BROOKLIN, Canada
hi I had LBL about the same time as you, the swelling still prevents me from seeing my results, and I'm told it will for some time. Carefull of doing too much...give your body time to heal. Each day should get better right. Sleeping is difficult. Soon we'll be in our jeans, hopefully thrilled with what we see.

southernlady
on 12/7/09 12:34 pm - LA
Reading thru old posts, and I just had to add that I am AMAZED at your weight loss!  It is absolutely wonderful that you have lost so much, really inspires me to shed that last 15 pounds!

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/09 9:36 pm
I'm sorry you are not happy with  your results, but give it time.  I am sure you will be singing a different song within the next couple of weeks.  I am 3 months post op from my tummy tuck and some days my belly swell a lot and other days it's flat.  Since you are still bent over I take it you are less than 3 weeks post-op, that's very early.  Try to rest and keep your legs elevated as much as  possible, this will help decrease the swelling.

Good luck with your recovery

Sherline
aknewme
on 11/28/09 12:30 am
I had a TT w/ MR and lipo of back on Nov. 16th...so, today marks 11 days.
JazzysGirl
on 11/28/09 3:30 am - North, GA
Dr L posted a message to this board a few days ago addressing how you are feeling he also has a link to his web site that shows a patient 1 month post op & 9 mo post op.  The difference is striking.  I suggest you look for his post and check out the photos. 

I am swollen and had my TT on 10/9/09.  It looks like I have 1/2 of a football in my lower abdomen, but I was warned by my Dr and all of the nurses that I have met at his office to expect this and not to look for final results for 4-6 months. 

Seeing Dr L's photos made me very hopeful and it was then that I fully realized that it is a long time before I will know what I will really look like.  All of this despite being told from numerous people what to expect.

Give it time, it will get better.

All the best-  Susan

iconsicons icons icons 

wendy_fou
on 12/7/09 1:34 pm - AR
What you are feeling is TOTALLY normal - especially with that lack of quality sleep thing you have going on.

Honestly, that was one of the worst things about my PS for me... lack of good quality sleep. 

I swear I would wake up every 2 hours.  It totally sucked.  I love my sleep and I was definately missing it. 

It's hard after PS too because they tend to want you to sleep on your back if at all possible (to get the best results since the body "settles" more evenly, blah, blah, blah LOL).  I could only do it for about 4 - 5 days, then I had to start sleeping on my side.  I just had to.  I could not go another night with hardly any sleep.  It was like torture. 

When you get a little farther out, start sleeping better and the swelling goes down, you will get past this buyer's remorse phase.  It DOES get better and it will get better soon. 
Most Active