Back for another aspiration

AbidinginHIM
on 11/26/09 11:48 pm - Ontario, CA
Heading back into LA today to have my seromas drained again.  I think that today will be the last day for one of them. YAY!  BUT I have a new one.  I thought I could see it yesterday, but today you can feel it when you touch, and see it move but I can also feel the fluid "sloshing" around.  It is near the left breast on the side.  That's me again - squishy woman!
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
(deactivated member)
on 11/28/09 7:16 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Oh boy, doesn't sound like fun.......hope it goes well for you and you "dry up" soon. 
AbidinginHIM
on 11/28/09 11:29 am - Ontario, CA
Thanks Ruth - it doesn't bother me anymore to have them aspirated - it is just the bother factor.  I wish that I didn't overproduce fluid and have this issues at so many weeks out.  It always makes me feel like I've had a major set back and that's no fun.

At least the amount coming out of each is less each time and they are getting smaller.  I'm hoping that in another 2 weeks I won't have to think about it anymore.  I have another aspiration on Tuesday and then for Friday if needed.  There is already quite a bit of fluid in one of them again.

At least I'm through with the vast majority of my procedures, just some small revisions left.  We were talking yesterday about revising the areas in my legs where the scars are very wide, but I have to think about that.  Essentially, that is part of what was revised this time, but he also took off more tissue as well, and we've been draining this seroma now for 2 1/2 weeks every 3-4 days.  He really tried to make sure there wouldn't be a pocket and used progressive sutures. Still, I get fluid.  Just my luck!  I'm told this problem happens this bad in about 10 - 20% of people getting large plastics.
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
Most Active