Approximate Cost

Jennifer P.
on 11/26/09 12:47 am - Erie, PA
I am considering PS.  I am 3 years post-op.  I don't have a lot of tummy skin but have noticed gravity taking effect.  I've had about a 12 lb weight gain over the past year and I went from a size 2 to a size 8 with that 12lbs. 
It all seems to be at my hips and lower abs and it is a lot of skin.  I have been doing a pretty detailed ab workout for 2 months and its helping, but not the skin.
I told my husband I was considering PS and he is all for it but I don't want to drain my savings.  I know insurance won't cover it.
I have told him if it cost more than $5000, I won't even consider...am I being unrealistic?
I don't want to make an appointment, find out its $8000 and then really want it more.  If its going to be more than 5, I just won't make the appointment.
      * Jen *

Laura in Texas
on 11/26/09 2:52 am
My plastic surgeon gave me a quote of $10,000 for a lower body lift, and he's on the inexpensive end here.  Not sure what just a tummy tuck would cost.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

wendy_fou
on 11/26/09 4:36 am, edited 11/26/09 4:36 am - AR
Of course every surgery is a little different, so the same surgeon's quotes will differ for each person depending on what TYPE of cutting he has to do, what else he is also doing, etc. 

If I break out my surgeon's original quote, the tummy tuck part alone was $3500.  But that did not include the anesthesia fee of $1100 and the operating room fee of $3000.  But those fees would have been less for the tummy tuck alone because I had several things done at once.  So a HIGH estimate for me for tummy tuck alone would have been $8600.  But again, that would have been VERY high because my OR room fee was level 2 or 3 (i forget) because I needed it pretty much all day long.  So that fee would be significantly less for a tummy tuck alone. 

Edited to add:
You know... most consultations are free.  You would probably only be wasting your TIME by going if you found out it would be too much $$$.  JMHO
montanadi
on 11/26/09 5:14 am - Sheridan, MT
Hi!

You should check with Dr. Sauceda, a small or medium tummy tuck will cost you less than $5000. 

check out his website, medicaltourism.com.mx    I'm going with him and there are many others here who are or have already made him their choice for surgery.  
check out the Dr. Sauceda's Patients group on this website and
livingtheskinnylife.blogspot.com, Jessica had surgery last month.  also mypsjourney.com(?) .

Good Luck with your search! 

Diane

Soaplady
on 11/27/09 10:40 am - Guilford, NY
If all she is having is a TT and it is under 6000.00 she wont get Dr S' all-inclusive deal with the hotel and airfare rebate.

In that case, she might be better off having it done locally. Or maybe save a bit more and have something else done too to take advantage.

I had the gamut and really enjoyed the ride. He was awesome...and his nurse Patty was such a daily delight. I love the work so far, too.

Soapy
Kilaani
on 11/26/09 5:24 am - Las Vegas, NV
thafatchick
on 11/26/09 8:10 am

Hi Jennifer.  I can't afford PS but I have seen some people talk about financing to procedures.  Is that common for TT or any PS to be so cheap?   $5000 seems cheap for any type of PS.  Does that include hospital and meds?  Is that in the US?  Maybe someone in your area can recommend a reputable surgeon that works w/wls pts.  Good luck.
ThaFatChick
Mendee M.
on 11/26/09 8:37 am - Mulvane, KS
 Jennifer,

I think it all depends on where you are located. I live in the mid west, and think $5,000 or less would be possible here, however I did not consult a PS for a TT. My arm lift and BL were going to be $7,700, however I was not comfortable with any of my local PS's because they had not done much work on WLS patients. 

~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
Jennifer P.
on 11/26/09 10:39 am - Erie, PA
Thanks to everyone for your posts and suggestions.  There is a surgeon here who does work with WLS patients...actually right across the hall from my bariatric surgeon's office. 

I do know that my procedure would be at a surgery center so the cost would be less than at the hospital.  My hubby wants me to have the consultation and the surgery, regardless of cost, because he knows it will make me feel better.

My biggest issue is not the skin but just the way my clothes fit me now.  It really doesn't show but my bottoms never quite fit right...too tight in the tummy, still loose in the waist, bottom.  Or fit good in the tummy and I'm really swimming in the waist...I can't win!!
      * Jen *

Bard4fun
on 11/26/09 7:22 pm
Let me give you a suggestion as far a keeping your savings and still getting your PS.
 How I paid for my VSG I bought a CD from the banks for operation with money from my savings . Then I took out a secured loan to pay for the VSG with my CD as colateral. Therefore I paid my self back and and protected the savings. Because it is secured the is no risk to the bank and the loan was very low interest and because the CD is interest building it helps pay for thecost of the loan some what.
I plan on doing the same for my PS.
Most Active