post-op visit from Brachioplasty

cleos_mom
on 11/25/09 6:07 am - phila., PA
well just came back from PS had Blepharoplasty,  extended Brachioplasty and lipo done on MOnday 11/23.
went for my post-op visit he removed the drains, the ace bandage and replaced it with a compression garment. I can drive no more antibiotics and no more eye ointment. I can drive & shop just can't carry any bags or lift anything over 5 lbs. I feel so back to normal, this was nothing compared to my inner thigh lift and my results look great will post pix this week
Lisa0719
on 11/25/09 6:55 am - PA
way to go Susan.  can't wait to see some pics.

Lisa Mc

104 lbs lost now Maintenance BABY!!!! 

BrookeK
on 11/25/09 7:58 am - Arlington, TX
Glad you got rid of those drains!  Now you be careful out there on Black Friday.  No lifting and no carrying heavy bags!

Brooke

P.S.  What does your compression garment look like?  I get mine next Tuesday.
 I am 5'4" tall

cleos_mom
on 11/25/09 10:00 am - phila., PA
check out my pix they are just sleeves that hook in the back. I bought them online from Marena there is also a placce called Rainey  that has  tehm I bought long sleeves for the first 2 weeks then I will go to the short sleeve he said I only have to wear them about a week or 2 but I heard you get better results the longer you wear the garment, these garments are comfortable the long sleeve is 70 and the short is 55. it may sound like  lot but the money we spend on plastics this is nothing
WildeWoman1
on 11/26/09 11:09 pm
Does this garment cut into your arm pit at all?? I like this one - but am worried it could rub the stitches in my arm pit.

Thanks!!
cleos_mom
on 11/26/09 11:38 pm - phila., PA

I had extended Brachioplasty so the incision runs down my armpit and I was afraid of it utting into my armpit but it didn't, I bought the long sleeve one 70.00 to wear like the first 2 weeks and I bought the short sleeve one 50 or 55 to wear afer that , they are so much better then the acebandage, when he took them off my arms it felt so good hese do not bother me, I ordered it abot 10 days before surgery so I could try them on pre-op they have a 30 day return policy,I ordered the size i would wear pre-op cause i figured post-op they would be smaller but they are so swollen look like stuffed sausage, my arms are not numb, first day was not so comfortable but of all the surgeries this was the easiest and I have had most;y all of them, my eyes hurt more then my arms.
the seams are on the outsside they don't move around so they don't rub, they cover the incision but it doesn' seem to bother me. My PS likes them & he is oing to order them for his patients
Susan

Laugh Out Loud
on 11/25/09 8:47 am
Wow!  Congratulations!  Glad you are happy with the results so far.  Take a friend to carry the packages and have fun out there!
Cindy
LadyDi9080
on 11/27/09 2:33 am - Tallahassee, FL
Thank you so much for posting your photos! Mine is scheduled for December 11.
Dianne from FL

SW / GW / CW  5'10"
306 / 165 / 140
With the DS: there is no stoma, so no stoma strictures; there are no limitations (other than volume) against drinking before, during or after meals; 80% of ingested fat is malabsorbed; 98.9% of type II diabetics are CURED of this devastating disease, with data showing stable cure over 10 years out; there is the best average weight loss and most durable (average 76% excess weight loss going out 10 years) of all of the bariatric surgeries.  That's why I had a DS!

Most Active