Why did you choose Dr. S to do your PS?

Bard4fun
on 11/24/09 7:53 pm

I am wonder why so many people have chosen Dr Sauceda, to do their WLS post -op PS?
Surely it's not just the money or the excitement of having surgery in an other country.
 Expertise and experience surely enters in your individual decision making process.
 I really want to know, your thoughts, as I am in this fantastic part of my WLS journey as I am learning and your experience and knowledge are extremely valuable and will help guide me as I contemplate my future as a fit and healthy ( and hopfully, dare I say sexy) person.
 What did you love and recomend, what would you do different, please lay it on me.
Sound off now is your chance to let it out ran,t rave, praise whatever you can do is appreciated. Bard 

LinR
on 11/24/09 9:49 pm
I chose Dr. S for a lot of reasons.

To be quite honest, I first looked into Dr. S because of price. 

I did have two other PS consults so heard their suggestions about what procedures I needed.

I read the posts on here about his work. and liked what they had to say.
He is also PS board certified in Mexico.  Board certification goes a long way in my book.  Also, he performs these types of surgeries on a more frequent basis than a lot of my local PS and  I feel experience is important.  

I do worry about complications but know I can get on a plane and go back to Dr. S if needed and I would still be under the price charged by the local PS.

Lin

Bard4fun
on 11/24/09 10:50 pm

When I first started doing my research for my VSG I quickly found out the only way I could justify such an expense was to locate the best price for what I wanted done and still not take away from the quaility of work. Atfer plenty of research,that's why I choose to go to Mexico and I was so plesantly surprised, unven with all the support of his past patients, how superb the service and hospital was. I truley felt like a VIP.

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/09 11:44 pm, edited 11/25/09 12:53 am
Jesse posted her reason's to her blog at the following link if you are interested http://livingtheskinnylife.blogspot.com/  It is a repost between her nov 3rd & nov 8th posts
Her blog is also full of info about surgery with Dr. Sauceda!

The main reasons I chose Dr. S were as follows:

After doing a significant amount of research online & having 2 consults with local surgeons, I quickly realized that there was a big difference in regular plastic surgery & surgery for the massive weight loss patient.  Although the surgeons I saw claimed to have done a considerable amount of WLS surgeries, that was not reflected in their approach & I knew I wanted a surgeon who had considerable experience with WLS patients.  This was my first requirement & Dr. S passed that!

Since I was planning to have multiple surgeries done at one time I was reluctant to being under general anesthesia for so long & preferred having twilight sedation this was my second requirement.

I also wanted to have the ability to speak with former patients & get first hand accounts from them about their experiences & I found numerous patients who were more than willing to share their accounts with me.

the fact that I would stay in the clinic for several days & then see my surgeon every day for the duration of my stay (even at the hotel) as well as have a nurse to change my dressings daily for 2 weeks was also very important to me since at home I would not have had anyone to do that.

The price was definitely an added bonus!

His honesty & reliability which I discovered thru our back & forth e-mail relationship for  the several months we communicated back & forth sealed the deal!

To be perfectly honest I would have travelled to timbucktoo if I had to, in order to get the skill & care that  I got in Mexico!  I could not have made a better choice...

Fab
portmaster1000
on 11/25/09 12:29 am - Hickory, NC
Price, experience and care.

The price certainly turned my head at first.  Saving up enough cash to have PS done locally was no small feat.  Getting a quote from DrS gave me the option to put some of that money to a different purpose. 

I'd say his experience was what most influenced my choice.  The fact that he's done more body contouring for massive weight loss patients this year than my local surgeon had done in his whole career... well, I think you see my point.  I was actually lucky to have a surgeon that specializes in body contouring only 50 miles away from me.  DrS suggested the exact same procedures as my local consult and he did it from 4 photos.  I was impressed.

I was to have my procedures here done in a hospital 50 miles from where I live.  After a one day stay, I was going home.  I wasn't too thrilled about my doctor being 50 miles away during my recovery.  I also didn't like having my surgery done in a hospital.  Risk of infection is higher than a clinic.  With DrS, I'm in a PS only clinic and then in a hotel with him minutes away.

The only negative side so far has been reactions about having the procedures done in Mexico.  I've concluded that we here the US, have way too many bad perceptions of Mexico.

Mark
Bard4fun
on 11/25/09 4:10 am
Most the people that fear Mexico have never even been.
I've been countless time and I find the Mexican people to be warm and a lovely culture.
The hospital were I had my VSG was the cleanest I've ever seen,  they nearly had some walking behind you cleaning.
TammyLynne
on 11/25/09 2:06 am - Canada
RNY on 11/13/07 with
For me Price had nothing to do with it.  I seen his work on other people on this site and was most impressed. And after talking to him i was even more impressed.. And now that i have had it all done and am on my way to recovery I would do it all over again with him.    Someone asked me what i was gonna miss the most about Monterrey...... I said Dr Sauceda.  He is wonderful.
katiekat412
on 11/25/09 2:39 am
The first reason I considered Mexico at all was because of price, but the reason I considered Dr. S, and felt good about going to Mexico, was because I saw Diane's (Kruella's) pics, and I thought his incsions were awesome! Then I started probing and heard that he was a wonderful man, and I was pretty much sold.

Nonetheless, I went to two local consults with two very prestigious plastic surgeons. I'm very glad I did that because I learned a lot from the consults. One of them was ridiculously expensive and wouldn't combine procedures. Besides the money issue, I teach kickboxing as a second job and can't spend two years out of exercise! I didn't like the incisions from the other surgeon.

I actually had panni approval from insurance in the US, but still chose to go to Dr.S. Its great to go to someone you have confidence in, but besdies that, feeling like the surgeon really cares about me is invaluable.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Bard4fun
on 11/25/09 3:44 am
 You know I feel the same about my WLS surgeon Dr. Aceves or the first one I had choosen was the other Dr. A , Dr. Alvarez. I can't imgaine going anywhere else.
katiekat412
on 11/25/09 5:49 am
Dr. Sauceda is good friends with Dr. Alverez!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Most Active