Wavering ...

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/09 10:24 am - San Jose, CA
I am slowly accepting this true.  The hardest thing for me is I had a plan, and I am not able to stick to it.  My plan had good reasons and rationale, but real life stepped up and *****slapped me.

Yes, it does not matter if I don't get to my LBL until later -- or ever.  My health, both physical and mental, are more important.  But that doesn't make it easier to accept -- especially the part about my age being a factor.

I hope your plans work out well for you - please stay in touch.
playwithzoe
on 11/25/09 12:03 pm
Hang in there, I know I want everything done now too and I understand your disappointment.  You have done and are doing great, 60 is the new 40 so your really on only 36!  You have plenty of time to get to where you want to be however far it takes you down the PS route.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

summer24
on 11/25/09 2:52 am
I agree with everyone here.  You are NOT a wuss!  You went through a lot of procedures in one round, and you need to heal mentally as well as physically.  I know for me, I have to be in a good place mentally to help me deal with the physical part of the surgery.  Otherwise, everything is that much more difficult.  Wait a bit longer and trust your instincts.
(deactivated member)
on 11/25/09 7:25 am - San Jose, CA
Well, I bailed out.  I canceled the surgery.  I just need more time to heal and to get my head in the right place.

Agha and I discussed various alternatives.  Do the upper body and breasts next, either in mid-December or early January.  He is going to be away for 10 days at the end of January, so we have to work around that.  He is also suggesting doing the LBL separate from the thighs -- less chance of complications.  I just don't know if I can hack facing TWO more surgeries (besides the boobs) -- including the additional cost and the additional recovery time. 

But I have to think about it.  I'm 56, and I don't have strength and youth on my side anymore.  This is a big comeuppance in and of itself.

But for right now, I feel relieved, so that's a good thing.  The codeine, while not working as well as the percoset on the pain, is working well enough -- and in fact, has a better pharmacological profile, at least for me -- with the percoset, 20 min or so before I was due for my next every-four-hours dose, the stinging would start and quickly increase in intensity.  I just went over an hour past the one-every-six-hours dose of codeine, and didn't even notice it.  And I'm more lucid and functional on codeine.

So, I will relax over the weekend and figure out what i want to do next afterwards.
Laugh Out Loud
on 11/25/09 8:53 am
Good deal.  Take the time you need and enjoy the holiday.  Let us know how to help once you've got another game plan in place. 
Cindy
BigCityGirl
on 11/25/09 9:26 am - San Diego, CA
I think you're doing the right thing.  Just take care of yourself and recover.  It's not a race.  You've waited this long, what's a few more months. . . .
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
(deactivated member)
on 11/25/09 11:54 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL

Diana,
So glad you are feeling relieved and good about your decision.  Relax and take it slow...
Best wishes!
slowgoing
on 11/25/09 1:33 pm - CA
As you and I discussed privately, you now feel a great sense of relief; clearly you have made the right decision!  A wuss???? Never!
Melissa M.
on 11/26/09 1:02 pm - Seabrook, TX
I think you did the right thing.  PS is no cake walk for sure.  My PS recommends a whole 6 months to allow the body to heal and things to settle.  He'd do it sooner but I trust his reasons for that and his experience.
L N.
on 11/26/09 3:30 pm - , CA
Diane,

As I told you in my pm to you, I could not even fathom having my revisions until now, more than 3 months out....I think having your second round of surgery is much too soon on Nov 30th because we are older and our bodies need more healing time...our minds also need that healing time!!! I know you are anxious to get your ps done, but your PEACE OF MIND is so much more important. Thank goodness that Dr. Agha is not a doctor to push you into something that you are not ready for....he is very perceptive and understands that maybe you are overwhelmed right now....please listen to your gutt and go with what you truly feel is right for you....time is on our side and  even though you need to get back to the job hunt....there will be time at some point to finish what you started....Best of luck as you make this decision... I really feel for you right now...:)

LN

Most Active