Had Enough Yet ?

DrL
on 11/25/09 8:37 am - Houston, TX
Even More of Your PS Questions Answered !

Updated and categorized...

http://www.drlomonaco.com/houston-plastic-surgery-questions.shtml#f497

Click on the RealSelf logo to hear other PS opinions' too.
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
workingmommy
on 11/25/09 10:30 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
Very cool!  Thanks for the support you offer on the board!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

montanadi
on 11/25/09 11:48 am - Sheridan, MT

wow!  That's great!  Thank you!

Diane

AbidinginHIM
on 11/25/09 12:00 pm - Ontario, CA
Thanks Dr. L - this is a great resource.
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
jjm
on 11/25/09 12:26 pm
Dumb question--After lipo, can fat come back to that area?
(deactivated member)
on 11/25/09 6:59 pm
Thanks for all of the info!
Amarylis
on 11/25/09 10:33 pm - Mexico city, Mexico
VSG on 05/20/09 with
yes, yes, yes! I was promised that no but after I gained a fair amount of weight ( 22lbs), fat started to accumulate again...
lacatana
on 11/26/09 12:28 am - orono, MN
Hi Dr. Lomonaco, thanks for your continued efforts on educating us via your web site and your responses on this forum.

I am scheduled for a Panniculectomy with anchor cut this coming Monday. I had my preop meeting with my surgeon and my general practitioner this past week. I discussed with both of them the concerns I have with pain post op and the possible use of an analgesic infusion pump. The surgeon told that she would gladly use one but that based on the type of surgery, my pain would be well controlled with oral meds. The only negative aspect that she brought up around using a pump was the fact that in addition to the two drains there would be another thing I would have to worry about managing. The procedure will not involve any muscle work unless she finds a hernia (I haven't had any symptoms of having one). I don't feel that managing the two drains and the pump will be an issue and I would like to have the extra insurance on this. I noticed also that these pumps are available in different configurations like with a preset setting, with an adjustable setting and an on demand settings, what are your thoughts on first of all using the pump for my procedure and the type of pump to use? Do you use the On Q pump? Would you use this on a panniculectomy wuth anchor cut procedure? These pumps have the capacity to hold analgisic for 3 to 5 days, how long do you feel is idial to use the pump for? Is the patinet able to pull the catheter out once the medication is gone?

I use to weight about 408 pounds and are down to 220 with most of my issues being around my abdomen, there is a substantial pannus which I am sure is made of skin and fat. How does a surgeon decide how much fat and tissue they can safely remove when doing this procedure?

I had so many questions during my pre op visit that I really failed to discuss this last issue. I appreciate you input on these topics.

Thanks and have a great thanksgiving!
(deactivated member)
on 11/26/09 6:46 am - Baltimore, MD
thank you DrL...wish you were in my state for my PS! 
Most Active