WARNING - Members copying pictures and posting them!!

wendy_fou
on 11/26/09 10:59 am - AR
Hi!!!  How r u?  I'm healin & having a Happy Thanksgiving!  Here's hoping u r 2!!!
slowgoing
on 11/25/09 8:41 am, edited 11/25/09 8:45 am - CA
"Moosie" - you're "steaming" and find it "very inappropriate"?  And you even more so because I don't have a pic on my avatar, but your very, very blurred pic of yours qualifies?  Well, I'M the guilty "offender" here and I'm sorry.  I couldn't imagine anything wrong with doing so since A.)  The person just recently & generously posted them here herself and B.)  EVERYTHING but her arms was blocked out.  If her face or "private" body parts were showing, then I would understand and would not have posted them.  I'm just not getting this: some of you are offended and angry for showing, in a very positive light, someone else's ARMS for crying out loud???  Gosh, I'm sure glad I didn't copy and paste someone's bunion surgery results.  This website is here for ALL of  us to learn and many unselfishly are willing to share their experiences and pics.  Everyone knows that a pic of theirs can be copy and pasted.  If someone doesn't want their pics to be copied & pasted, they can say so.  I think it's just understood when the pics are identifiable or show private parts and faces that one uses discretion and doesn't do so without permission.   But to show someone's ARMS and with such high compliments, to boot????  You all need to relax and worry about the important things in life and not about an arm that was pictured ... please!  I meant no harm and that is obvious; and thank you, Anjail, for your support and common sense.  Life's too short, ladies and gentlemen, to have to post on two different messages how distressed you are about showing someone else's arms.  Too much time on your hands, me thinks.  How else could I adequately describe exactly what I was even referring to?  Make a hand drawing?
(deactivated member)
on 11/25/09 11:46 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Read the terms of service of this website......seems pretty clear to me.

ObesityHelp Profiles/Photos/Blogs

The Terms of Service apply to member profiles, personal blogs and any other member-submitted content on the Web site. Any inappropriate links or content, per the Terms of Service, can be removed with or without warning from ObesityHelp staff. Members who violate the Terms of Service by posting inappropriate content are eligible for termination of their account. Members are free to post photos within their profiles, but photos must be with clothing. Additionally, it is suggested you request permission of any other person in the photo posted. If we are notified that a photo has been posted without the consent of all individuals pictured, the photo will be removed. Photos posted on ObesityHelp cannot be copied, duplicated or used by anyone other than the person who posted the photograph. Any photos containing nudity (i.e. plastic surgery photos) must be within a password protected area on another site, or private areas must be properly blurred or covered. Any sexually explicit photos will not be allowed.

workingmommy
on 11/25/09 10:20 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
That's why I took all the nude PS photos off my profile (even though they were friends only).  Just because I post them doesn't mean I want others to use them without asking first.

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

Leah H.
on 11/25/09 12:01 pm - TX
I really do get ya'll's point and agree but I don't think she meant any harm. Please consider that.

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

slowgoing
on 11/25/09 1:15 pm - CA
And so we are now comparing naked bodies and their parts to a pair of anonymous arms?  Surely you jest.   We are talking ARMS here.  What's the matter with you all ... am *I* crazy?

How come no one's incensed when someone DOES show their naked bodies, which is clearly against your "rules"?  Sorry, this is so petty it's ridiculous.   
katrn05
on 11/25/09 10:34 pm - Troy, MI
Well it's pretty ridiculous that you feel its ok to post someone else's pics in your posts without their permission. You should remove it from your post.

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/09 5:38 am
I agree that it is wrong to "steal" and re-post others' photos.

But the internet is like the wild west -- counting on the ethics of other people is utterly pointless.  

That is why I never, EVER post real pix of myself anywhere but on FB -- and even then, I worry.  The only people that I add as friends are real people that I know pretty well, but even then . . . it's a risk.  There is absolutely not one thing to stop a person from copy/paste-ing those photos and doing something questionable with them.

I don't post my pic on my "avatar" here -- I don't post any pix at all.  And I am sure I never will.

Which is a crying shame, because let's face it -- I have benefited tremendously from seeing the before/ during/ after photos of other surgery patients.

Most Active