Arm Pic YIKES!!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/09 1:24 pm - Garden Grove, CA
RNY on 08/10/04 with
Hi all,
Some of you have asked for some pics of my black and blue arms after my lipo on Friday. All I will say is YIKES! They are very tender and very swollen. I do not see a difference but I measure 1.25 inches smaller so far. Remember when you see these pics, I had a brachio 18 months ago. The upper weight arm weighed down my scar, caused it to widen. I did lipo last Friday. Once healed, I will have my brachio scars revised for the remainder skin to come off. I would like to hope for the skin to retract nicely, but I am not thinking so.

They are so very swollen. I think you will see in the pic. It is the last pic in the album. I am bummed about how big they still are but  must remember it is only Day 4. I do measure smaller already, from 15 inches to 13.75.

Have a good evening everyone!
spybo
on 11/24/09 2:05 pm, edited 11/24/09 2:06 pm - Houston area, TX
Actually Mommy,  I thought the bruising would be worse from your description!  All will be well.  I also am going to have scar revision on my arms, two surgeons told me before my brachio that it's pretty common to have bad scarring there.
(deactivated member)
on 11/24/09 2:07 pm - Garden Grove, CA
RNY on 08/10/04 with
Ahh you are too sweet. I think because it is so swollen it makes me feel like the bruising is worse. I have also heard that it is fairly common to have brachioplasty revisions, especially if you were once obsese. Interesting!
spybo
on 11/24/09 2:14 pm - Houston area, TX
My arms were not heavy at time of brachio, but scars still stretched.  I tried very hard to not use arms, but it happened anyway.  I am convinced it is from the pressure of sleeping on my side, but my PS disagrees!
(deactivated member)
on 11/24/09 11:16 pm - Garden Grove, CA
RNY on 08/10/04 with
I slept on my side too and now that you say this, I won't be after the next one!

I took some pics this morning and put them into a word document side by side. I can see a major difference from the morning before surgery! YEAH!
Most Active