Any good Ca surgeons?

nansu54
on 11/24/09 2:15 am - Nipomo, CA
Hi, I'm 18 month post RNY and just starting my plastic surgeon search. Does anyone know a good surgeon in the CA area?

I looked at the reviews here on OH and I worry about Dr Katzen. I don't know if it's my paranoia, but so many reviews have the exact same review.

Any information would help me get started heading in the right direction.

Thank,

Nancy
BigCityGirl
on 11/24/09 2:30 am - San Diego, CA
I live in San Diego and I highly recommend my surgeon - his name is below and you can go to
wwww.LJCSC.com
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
nansu54
on 11/24/09 2:47 am - Nipomo, CA
Thanks!

I'll look him up right now.

Nancy
workingmommy
on 11/24/09 4:37 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
Lol...I thought the same thing about Dr. Katzen, but after my consults he was my first, last, and only choice.  What all the reviews say is true.  He is a wonderfully caring and skilled surgeon.  He did my LBL, BL, BA, Brachio, and will be doing my MTL in the summer.  I took down my naked pics, but I do have a clothed pic on my profile you should be able to see.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.  Good luck!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

nansu54
on 11/24/09 6:29 am - Nipomo, CA
Thanks for the info, WorkingMommy. I'll take your advice and get a consult with him.

Good luck with your next surgery! I'll be watching for your report.

Nancy
ltlkim9424
on 11/24/09 6:55 am - Lakeville, MN
I used Dr Lee in San Diego at Changes Plastic Surgery in 2005 and he was great!! www.changesplasticsurgery.com

Good luck with your choice!!
slowgoing
on 11/24/09 7:56 am, edited 11/24/09 7:57 am - CA
I've written about how SOME Dr's do have their offices lard their reviews with phony reviews.  One of the easiest ways to check is to look at the date the reviewer of the Dr. (with the glowing report!) joined OH.  It's often the SAME day or a few day's difference as the glorious review and there's never any further participation on this site by the reviewer.  As in: is a patient that's just had an office visit with the Dr. or even a "purported" surgery with him/her going to join OH JUST for the reason of writing a fabulous review of the Dr.?  Who would do that and why? 

You are so right about his reviews.  It really turned me off to him and a couple others when I sense there's a big lack of honesty going on.  The staff of Dr.'s that do this type of thing wouldn't do it if they didn't have the Dr.'s permission - makes it very questionable, in my opinion, and I don't care HOW great he or she is supposed to be.  It's just not ethical if a Dr.'s office is doing that.  There are other ways to prove it too, but I won't go into ALL the ways - don't want to give them further ideas of how to change their behavior and try to make it look legitimate.  If the Dr.'s office is willing to lie about reviews, what else are they willing to lie about?
workingmommy
on 11/24/09 11:41 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
It's too bad you feel that way without actually calling the office and asking.  Sorry, I am not usually snarky, but unless you know for sure, you shouldn't assume.

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/09 8:53 am - Garden Grove, CA
RNY on 08/10/04 with
I really like my PS, Dr. Kent in Orange, CA. I have had chin lipo, extended tummy tuck, brachioplasty and arm lipo. I just had the arm lipo and a belly button revision. I form a hypertrophic scar and my belly button started to close up. I need to go back in to have a 2nd brachioplasty but I do not blame my doctor for this revision. My arm scar spread and widened because I still had a lot of bulkiness on my upper arms. So, I had arm lipo to get rid of the bulk and probably another brachioplasty later.....unless the arm skin shrinks up.
I really like Dr. Kent. He is very honest and realistic. His office staff is great. I think his prices are reasonable.
Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 11/24/09 2:12 pm
Nancy, did you have your RNY in California?  If so, do you trust your surgeon enough to make a strong recommendation for post-bariatric reconstruction?

I really would not place much value in online reviews or references -- neither good nor bad.  There is absolutely no telling where any of them come from ... The strongest reference is always a personal one from a qualified medical professional (or better yet, from several).

Good luck to you!

Most Active