Nervous.. Surgery scheduled with Dr. Sauceda...

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/09 6:17 am - Haleiwa, HI
 Hi Patrece,

I am 6 1/2 weeks post op from Dr Sauceda, and like everyone else said....HE IS AMAZING!  You can find all kinds of information about him, my journey, and Monterrey on my blog at www.livingtheskinnylife.blogspot.com .  I have tried to document everything I could to help people out that are preop.  I also have a ton of pictures on my OH profile as well.

Good luck!  I know you will not be disappointed!

Jessica
akers123
on 11/23/09 9:05 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
Has anyone that had surgery away from home had complications?  I had complications on my back and saw my PS almost every week for about 4 months.  My complication was necroscis on my back.  We were able to close it up at one piont, but did have to open it back up and then treat an open wound.  I just can't imagine what would happen if my surgeon was out of town.  It was bad enough mine was 1 1/2 hours away!
Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

Patrece S.
on 11/23/09 10:21 am - CO
I want to sincerely extend my thanks to youall! I appreciate all of the feedback, experiences, and hearing from those of you still waiting to go to Dr.S.
Ya know the thing that stinks is this. I consider my self a fairly intuitive person...meaning if I get a good feeling or bad feeling, I typically trust it and when I don't trust it, I wish I had. I have had good feelings all along about this decision, then the few...VERY few people I have mentioned it to started thier spiel with me. I hate for people to take a moment of celebration for you, and turn it into having to defend yourself, and provoking worry.
I too am self pay on this, and frankly cannot afford what they would charge here. But I did do lots of hunting around, and have found many favorable comments and reports on Dr. S. Nothing bad. I just needed some reassurance from others who can really understand where I am coming from. Thank you all sooooo very much!

My surgery is scheduled for february 8th. I will arrive there the afternoon of the 7th. Do I have to arrange for my own room that first night? Or will that be covered as well. I feel lost, as I don't know how this all unfolds once I step off the plane.

I am taking my daughter with me, as my hubby insisted I not go alone. My daughter is the only one who has not tried to worry and discourage me in this. Actually we were both to be having PS at the same general time, but right before i booked the flights, she found out she will be having a baby!!! YEAY!!! But she is still going with me.

I told one lady from church, as I need her to stay with my hubby and the dogs, as he was badly injured 2+ years ago and is now totally blind, and we just moved to a new home. So I can't leave him alone. She is willing to stay, but had her naysaying to do. Then I bounced it off one other friend and she's like.. oh no do it here.. are you crazy? End of this conversation with her.
Plan to tell no one else, and told those who do know it is not to be discussed unless I am the one discussing it...period.

Thanks for the support, encouragement and testimonials. I appreciate it greatly! I will be checking out the links provided to me here..thanks for those too.

One more Question? Was the flight  / trip back home from mexico very very painful? Any suggestions on what to take with me and on tips to make the travel easier? Thanks again All!
Have a wonderful night!

Patrece
JUST DO THE NEXT RIGHT THING!
Obesity Help Support Group Leader & Coach
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bariatricbuddy          

Lost 114 lbs. working on getting rid of a recent 10 lb regain...and WILL succeed! 

kidneedonor
on 11/23/09 6:34 pm
I know exactly how you feel about the people who rain on your parade but In all reality these people are envious of you.. Go with your gut.. listen to the voice.. its the voice of God..(oprah saying)
My family now wants to dictate to me that I should get off these boards  once I have this surgery!  EXCUSE ME... Iam going to need you all more than ever... They just don't know.. understand..there not educated on the subject..
Your big day will be here before you know it ... and we will all be here holding your hand along the way.. Best Wishes

Natalie

Starting Wgt 238  Goal Wgt 145  Current Wgt 133
RNY 09/09/08 by Dr. Kruger
Full anchor TT on November 27, 2009 by Dr. Laurence Rheingold
Breast Reduction and Breast Lift May 24, 2010 by Dr. Laurence Rheingold

www.myspace.com/kidneedonor        
Patrece S.
on 11/24/09 12:25 am - CO
Thanks Natalie for the support and encouragement. I get very frustrated with everyone thinking they have a say in it. This is my life, my body, my goals. I am going to start really putting my foot down with people and letting them know who's decision this is. They don't get it..and I am sure never will.
Thanks for being here for me

Patrece

Lost 114 lbs. working on getting rid of a recent 10 lb regain...and WILL succeed! 

Lisa0719
on 11/23/09 11:46 pm - PA
Patrece,

I will be in Monterrey when you arrive.  I'll be 5 days out from extended fleur di lis TT, breast lift with implants, medial thigh, and maybe small arm.  Trying not to get too excited yet.  I will be alone although may ask my son's girlfriend at the last minute.  She does home care and might be good to have along.

Lisa Mc

104 lbs lost now Maintenance BABY!!!! 

Patrece S.
on 11/24/09 12:23 am - CO
Lisa...we will definately have to try to hook up while we are there. Also if you need help once we are there, I am sure my daughter would be willing to help you as well. She's a great kid. 24 years old actually.lol.
If you are going to ask someone welse to go and you are flying, you may not want to wait too long as just in the 3 days between scheduling my flight and my daughters, the price went up 89 bucks!

Patrece

Most Active