Nervous.. Surgery scheduled with Dr. Sauceda...

Patrece S.
on 11/22/09 10:48 pm - CO
Hello Everyone. I have scheduled my PS with Dr. Sauceda in Monterey Mexico. I am wondering if anyone who has used him as a PS could please share thier experience, and satisfaction level with the results of the surgery. Funny..but I felt good about it, until everyone I mentioned it too freaked out when they found out I was going to Mexico for my PS. Now they have me getting nervous.

So, could I ask a favor...that anyone who went through him, share with me the details of your experience? When I looked at his site, he didn't really have before and after pics of massive weight loss people. Were you pleased with the outcome? Would you use him again if you needed another procedure? Do the people there speak enough english that I will not feel lost? Any info would be tremendously appreciated!

Thank you so very much in advance!

Patrece
JUST DO THE NEXT RIGHT THING!
Obesity Help Support Group Leader & Coach
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bariatricbuddy          

Lost 114 lbs. working on getting rid of a recent 10 lb regain...and WILL succeed! 

Leah H.
on 11/22/09 10:55 pm - TX
Go to livingtheskinnylife.blogspot.com. TammyLynne just posted her before and afters too.

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

Patrece S.
on 11/22/09 11:04 pm - CO
Thank you.. will do.

Patrece
JUST DO THE NEXT RIGHT THING!
Obesity Help Support Group Leader & Coach
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bariatricbuddy          

Lost 114 lbs. working on getting rid of a recent 10 lb regain...and WILL succeed! 

Soaplady
on 11/22/09 11:43 pm - Guilford, NY
I just got home from there Saturday night. I had a great experience and actually miss being there.

Dr S will pick you up at the airport. Who else will do that? He gives you his cell phone number anmd MEANS it when he says "call me for anything you need". His humble...not the least bit arrogant (find that among the US Plastic Surgeons...I couldnt!) He seams are so much better than I found during my research. I had googled "plastic surgeons in Houston (and Iowa, NJ and other locations) just to check out their work and was appalled at many of the scars...jagged, puckered etc. I would rather have the flab than scars like that! So,

I then started looking at Dr. S's patients profiles after reading so much good about him. I was amazed. So I emailed him, he replied right away (now if he has surgery all day or 2 days in a row...it may take longer, but I got lucky) We emailed back and forth and within a month, I was there.

I had a LBL with anchor cut, BL/BA, batwing-ectomy, full thigh lift,  a nice cushy bed in the Hampton Inn to recover in after 3 days in the clinic and and he gave back 600.00 towards the airfare,

A nurse named Patty, who was just a doll, came daily to dress your incisions and help stuff you into the compression garments (you get 2 for upper AND lower, depending on what all you get done. They are of very high quality and included in your cost)

My research brought me to Dr S and I have no regrets!! He is an artist and I am very satisfied with what I see so far!

Good luck. And just tell those nay-sayers that this is were the research took you.

Do an OH search for Kruella....she had profile pics of before and after and is the one who got me excited about her result. She was very willing to share her experience and  pics...also Jess (ivfmommee). Good luck!!

Soapy
chickster522
on 11/22/09 11:54 pm
My surgery was Oct 10 with Dr.S...I could not be happier with the care I received or my results.

Check out my profile for before and after pics.

BTY I had lost over 200 lbs.

Debbie
Soaplady
on 11/23/09 12:31 am - Guilford, NY
Hi Debbie...I was draining my brain trying to think of your user name to mention for her to look up and COULD NOT COME UP WITH IT. Consider it a hangover from surgery.

How are you doing, Girl? Glad you are still feeling satisfied! How are your scars looking at 6 weeks out? I am amazed at how mine are looking at jut 2 weeks today.

So nice to see you, Be well!

Teri
chickster522
on 11/23/09 12:39 am
Teri,

That surgery hangover will get you every time...lol

I'm doing great...I love my body more and more every day...I am a whiter shade of pale...lol so my scarring will take even longer to fade.

I was thinking the other day, trying to remember how it felt to have all that skin hanging...I couldn't remember!  It's like I instantly let it go.

I'm glad to hear you are doing so well. Have you told your mother yet?

Debbie
Soaplady
on 11/23/09 3:39 am - Guilford, NY
Wow, didnt take you long to forget what you went there for. Glad the past was put to rest.

I did call my Mom from Mx. She was shocked, but glad I did NOT tell her sooner. She admits she would have been a wreck worrying. My brother was a different story. I had told his wife a few weeks back. While in Mx she emailed me and asked if she could tell him. I reluctantly said yes.

He was not happy that he was the second to last to know...and hurt that I didnt care to tell him. I chatted with him yesterday and he was still a bit hot about it. I told him I just didnt want it to slip to mom that I was doing it...and that way there would be no chance of i happening..nothing personal...just that I didnt want HERto know so it was best HE didnt know yet.  It was tough...he was hurt. (Gawd, its not like he and I are all that close. We rarely talk. Go figure)

Be well, Doll!

Teri
Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/23/09 1:36 am, edited 11/23/09 1:36 am
There is a large number of Dr Sauceda patients here on OH!  I am scheduled for surgery next Wednesday!  (I can't believe as I typed that!)
I'm so thrilled to have found him.  I consulted with 3 surgeons here in the Denver area and he is charging me less than half of what they were quoting me!  PLUS his work is 100% better.  He's an artist, not to mention a man with a true heart of gold.  I have sent him several forms to sign for my Short Term Disability and my FMLA. He has returned them immediately and I have gotten everything in place!  He's just a very nice man.  I know "nice" means nothing when it comes to having surgery, BUT for me it says a lot about a person.  A doctor can be an artist and have a bedside manner of a bull.  Dr. Sauceda is an artist and has the bedside manner of an angel.
My family is totally against me going to Mexico for my surgery.  I have lost over 200 lbs and still have about 70lbs to go.  I'm getting my TT and Brachioplasty done for mobility reasons.  I ride my bike 10-20 miles a day, I swim 5 to 7 times a week and my arm**** me in the face while I'm swimming!  I need to also get my back problems taken care of and having this heavy "apron" is putting a strain on my back.  I know I'll have to have revisions and I'm fine with that!
Check out, http://mymexicopsjourney.com
this is Misty's site!  This is how I first found Dr Sauceda and through research I have come to know I am making the absolute right decision!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

LinR
on 11/23/09 5:11 am
Patrice:

When is your date?  Mine is 1/7

Everyone here is freaking out also.  First my husband, then I had to tell my boss today and she gave me a real funny look.  I'm not sure if she thinks I'm really going on an extended vacation or if the look was because the surgeon's letter was from Mexico, stating I was going to have surgery in Monterrey.

Then the woman that processes the paperwok was asking me about it  and was surprised until she found out insurance did not cover and I was going to be a self pay. 

I don't want to tell anyone I don't have to--its like justifying WLS all over again.  I'm going to do like I did for WLS, not tell till its over.

After reading the boards from those who have used Dr. S, I feel confident in my decision.  I'm sure the same will be for you.  Good luck.

Lin

Most Active