Countdown begins....

Paige E.
on 11/23/09 2:52 am - TX

Two weeks from today I will be having round 2 of my PS... (BL/LBL/butt aug)  I went today to get fitted for my compression garments and pay my balance... phew expensive day!!!  Then tomorrow I go to the hospital for my preop and to settle the bill with them as well.  I am starting to get a bit nervous.   He told me today he would give me several compression garments and that I would have 6 drains probably for at least a week and a half.  He also said that most of swelling would me around the areas he is doing lippo for my booty! 

For those of you have that have been through any of these procedures what can and I expect and do you have any suggestions that will make recovery easier???  

~Paige~  -155lbs    (lovin' my band)   
At GOAL and BMI is healthy!!

akers123
on 11/23/09 8:57 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
I Paige.  I am also having my second round of PS on Monday, Dec 7th.  My first round was Feb 25th and was the LBL.    What was your first round and when was it?

For my second round I am having a Breast Lift and Lipo of my back, sides and arms.  He also measured me for a compression garmet and I am most scared of that.  I can just imagine trying to squeese into this thing.  I have never had any luck with them.  LOL  Since lipo of my arms as well, its going to be a body suite with arms.
Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

Paige E.
on 11/23/09 9:02 am - TX
My first round was the end of July and I had a face/neck/brow lift.  How was your recovery from the LBL?

~Paige~  -155lbs    (lovin' my band)   
At GOAL and BMI is healthy!!

akers123
on 11/23/09 9:13 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
The LBL was painfull but not as bad as I thought.  I kept up on the pain meds every 4 hours NON STOP for the first 3 days home.  The best thing I did was got a NICE foam memorry mattress pad.  I used it to sit in the recliner and then we would move it to the bed in the evening.  It was really great!!
Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

lizzybear
on 11/23/09 10:10 am - Olympia, WA
Woo hoo - congratluations, Paige!  Can't help with any ideas for recovery, but just wanted to send you good wishes!!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Most Active