Mexico?...think again!

thafatchick
on 11/24/09 1:05 pm
On November 24, 2009 at 4:26 PM Pacific Time, DrL wrote:
Ok....but don't be sorry !  We all have a first amendment right to speak our minds, thankfully. 

But if a published statement you make is not 100% true, and somebody feels it damaged their reputation or practice, then lawyers come...and win or lose, it's expensive.

Patients with unfavorable results have had a hard time already. Loss of esteem, loss of trust, everybody asking questions, confusion, etc.  I see a lot of patients treated elsewhere seeking revisions.  One of the reasons I post here is to help others avoid pitfalls that can get them in that situation.

I'm okay with people posting their experiences good or bad.  I want to read them and they should be able to post them.  When you are doing business with someone (doctors/surgeons), essentially contracting them to perform a service, you expect they will be honest about what they can do and what they will do for the price.  If they, for any reason do not want to do it, then don't and let the person find another reputable doctor.  I want to know who out there is being honest and performing good/exceptional service and who is not and doesn't care what you or anybody else think when the money's in the bank.  Unfortunately, in the US lawyers are used to scare people into keeping quiet and that is too bad.  I don't want to get into what " I " really think about the judicial system.  I could tell you some things about what goes on in Austin that you might find hard to believe that a doctor/lawyer would even consider agreeing to do.    But I think everybody here gets your point and we all appreciate your efforts to educate us.  

I'm waiting to hear from Maria to find out exactly what transpired.  I've heard such good things and a few bad about Mexico, but I'm really curious.  I would also like to know about medical oversight in Mexico.  Surely Mexican doctors do not want people out there bad mouthing them.  Seems to be pretty lucrative with Americans and Canadians heading south of the border for medical procedures.  I'm sure they don't want to mess up. 

ThaFatChick
Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/24/09 1:22 pm
just read through all her old posts and you'll get the message. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Leah H.
on 11/24/09 8:03 am - TX
I see your point but I am not sure I 100% agree but thank you for being a voice of reason.

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

katiekat412
on 11/25/09 11:39 am
You are right that you can walk a fine line with defomation, but Maria's post is the extreme opposite. It is vague and in fact conveys excatly what she herself found to be the problem between she and her surgeon: there is heavy miscommunication! It's not one detail of the message, or lack thereof, its the ambifuity of the whole thing.

Surgery abroad isn't right for everyone for a variety of reasons, but we need to covnvey out opnions respecfully. This is a skill that we are taught from a young age, and it shoudn't be cast aside because we are posting on the internet. It's important to consider how a post impacts others. This post, as it stands, insults Mexicans, Mexican surgeons, people who have had surgery in Mexico, and people who have yet to go there.

On the other hand, if there were details, such as "I wanted breast implants but didn't get them" and "be sure to convey your needs carefuly" or "get a revision policy in writing", then it would have been very prodiuctive, and we all would have responded as such: with sympathy and understanding. .

If you still think I am perhaps over reacting, can you imaging reading a message that said "US Surgeons...think again!" Its probably unfathamable. I think we need to as ourselves why...truely.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

dw45
on 11/24/09 6:54 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
Is there anyway you could be more specific regarding your bad results and the expectations that were not met for you?  I'm curious to hear your story.

Thank you.

DW

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

portmaster1000
on 11/24/09 10:50 am - Hickory, NC
I'd like to hear the whole story as well.  Certainly these surgeries don't carry a 0% chance of risk.  All procedures come with a risk - even a rare chance of death.  No doctor on the planet, US or otherwise, can promise a no complications. 

What were the nature of the complications/results?  Were they completely unforeseen?
What was Dr S. response to these complications/results?

Mark
Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/24/09 12:26 pm, edited 11/24/09 12:26 pm
Just click on "latest posts" and you can read all of her posts.  They will explain everything.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Leah H.
on 11/24/09 8:03 am - TX
DW I was curious too and messaged her and she said she wouldn't share it with me since I bashed her. Well oviously I didn't bash her.  I just agreed with the poster that her post sounded as if she was bashing all Mexican surgeons. But I guess on message boards everything is open for interpretation.

Leah H.
on 11/24/09 12:10 pm - TX
Maria I really do wish you well. Complications are my biggest fear whether it was with my csections here in the states or my WLS in Mexicali.

So - because I truly wanted to know what happened I went searching and found this. I think it would be beneficial like Dr. Lo suggested in telling us how you ended up handling the complications.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/3972560/OPEN-WOUND-THICK-SCAR/

thafatchick
on 11/24/09 1:19 pm

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/3972560/OPEN-WOUND -THICK-SCAR/ 

OT:

I think I might have to get me some Desitin.  Sometimes my hands (the backside) get very dry and cracked (kinda painful & stingy/itchy) and I usually use vaseline on them, but that Desitin for baby rash might do the trick.    I'm gonna try it the next time I get extra dry skin or a cut or something else.  

I still want to hear from Maria though. 

ThaFatChick
Most Active