Mexico?...think again!

valencianahaley
on 11/23/09 11:54 am - weatherford, TX
for those of you don't know me, I've, been a member of OH.com prior to my gastro bypass in June 2007. Since then, I have lost 155 Lbs. and I was ready for the new me in June 2009. I just wanna make you aware if you are thinking about Mexico for plastic surgery, think again........ by the way, this post is not to argue about how successful your surgery was, or how happy you are with your results, this is about how mis-comunication and other interests involved can make you have..bad results (and yes, that can happen). Lucky me, I was able to pay for my LBL  revision among other things, but should I have to go the extra $$$ for it when I was promised that evereything will be take cere of?no!! Was I given a choice in case something went wrong and I could go back to  the doc and he can fix it, without and doctor cost involved? no!! I'm 6 days out on breast augmentation and scar revision, tummy tuck and LBL revision, lipo, ect. and now I feel like I will be in the right track, on meeting my goal of a beautiful new me........... Thanks to Doctor Saint-Cyr, Dallas Tx for making this happen and of course my hon, for helping me out. I will have pictures available soon as my new body slim down a bit............
katiekat412
on 11/23/09 12:09 pm
Wow. I usually try to stay quiet with issues like these, as I'm sure you're going through a very hard time, but it is ignorant to tell people that Mexico is a bad option. If you feel strongly about a particular surgeon, maybe you should voice that concern. To condemn an entire country and its medical professionals is paramount to bigotry.

I am in Mexico right now, and I won't even make an effort to express that I am happy with my experience because its completely besides the point, with the expection of my having a guarantee that I will be taken care of if I am unahppy with the results. The real point here is that people have been butchered by their local surgeons, and have had excellent surgeries with local doctors.

Miscommunications do happen, but its not country specific. People have surgery in the US, Europe, Brazil, etc. The real message is to ensure that you have communicated as effectively as possible. Even then, there are unfortunately times when people will have unfavorable results.

All I ask, as well as those others with very possitive expereinces abroad, is please, advise people about what went wrong in your situation, but don't damn an entire nation or unduely place fear in those who are on their way to Mexico. The price, after airfare etc, did not cause me to go to Mexico, the surgeon did. Please don't make generalizations!

I'm glad you've had the opportunity to correct what was done to you and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

valencianahaley
on 11/23/09 12:32 pm - weatherford, TX

Don't call me ignorant,first of all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you're in Mexico,and I wish you a speeding recovery as well.I'm not speaking of an entire nation,You don't know which doctor I'm speaking of.I'm not here to stop anyone's decisions on plastic surgery in Mexico I'm just expressing my pain through the message-board.Not only did I have to go under again,but I have to pay twice as much  for the surgery here in the U.S.,so I think I have the right to speak my mind.
As far as I know,ObesityHelp is for expressing your concerns to others (in this case,plastic surgery)

iisme
on 11/23/09 12:37 pm
Can you at least say which surgeon you were unhappy with and what the cir****tances were? It appeared to me you were warning people off Mexico entirely. Is that not the case?
I'm sorry you were unhappy with your results the first time. Hopefully the surgeon you have now was able to totally correct everything to your satisfaction.

10 pounds loss pre-op
katiekat412
on 11/23/09 12:45 pm
Yes, that's exactly my point. Do vent. Do use your resrouces here. I've learned over the past couple of years that I would be a mess without the suppor that I get on these boards. I only mean to convey two points. One, if your intent is to educate people and pay it forward, provide specificity. What went wrong? What can others do differently?

Secondly, if you came for support, present it that way. You were wronged by someone and have had a difficult road. People will rally around you here, and that it is the intent of OH. However, I provided my response as only one view point- the way your post was written offends those who did choice Mexico, regardless of their outcome, not that it was your intent. People who chouse Mexico don't always make decisions based on price, and many have had positive experiences. Also, if I were someone who would be leaving for Mexico shortly, I would be horrified by your post for exactly the same reasons as I said above, no specificity.

I only ask that you be careful who you hurt, even when you yourself are trying to deal with your own hurt. I, as well as countless others, will support you. We only ask the same in return.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Leah H.
on 11/23/09 12:43 pm - TX
Your title said Mexico think again... Not Dr. ____ in Mexico think again. That's what leads people to believe that you were bashing all Mexican doctors. I am sorry you've had such an awful experience. You should talk about it. But it would be more helpful to the plastic surgery forum posters as a whole if you talked more about your entire experience, what went wrong, what doctor you went to etc. I would say the same thing if it was an American doctor. Only then can someone really use that information to help them make a decision.

Again I am sorry you've had such an awful experience. I had a friend with an awful band experience locally 2 months before I had my sleeve. I feel so bad for her but it taught me to make sure and do my research fully and made me VERY glad that even though I was a cash paying patient that I chose a sleeve over a band.

Good luck in your healing!

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

valencianahaley
on 11/23/09 1:10 pm - weatherford, TX
for those who have followed my progress since 2007 knows who's the doctor.........and no, I'm not going to make a circus out of this issue. if someone who is considering going to Mexico for Ps and would like to know how is the doctor I'm referring to they can easily contact me in private.........for those of you who encourage me to vent on this issue? see, this is what I wanna avoid, but I guess its too late for that, thanks anyway!
Leah H.
on 11/23/09 9:07 pm - TX
Well obviously the board grows and there are a lot of posters on here that are new that could benefit but that's up to you. I pray that your revisions have gone well and that you have a wonderful recovery. Good luck to you.

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

Amarylis
on 11/23/09 11:29 pm - Mexico city, Mexico
VSG on 05/20/09 with
Hello Maria,

I am planning my surgery with Dr. Sauceda so I would like to hear your story but you set up your profile private so I can not send you a private message, so please pm'e or add me has a friend.

Best of luck in your recovery!
valencianahaley
on 11/24/09 5:31 am - weatherford, TX
Thanks Amarilys.......
Most Active