new to the board-surgery 12/17!

Darma
on 11/23/09 11:01 am
Hi- I've been reading on the board for a few weeks now and now I have a PS date for LBL, neck lift, thigh lift w/ long incisions below my knee.  I have a couple of questions:
1.  My surgeon , Joseph Capella, New Jersey does not use compression garments as he feels that they restrict the flow of blood and impede healing.  I asked about the issue of skin not adhearing w/o compression and he said there was no data to suggest that compression changed the final outcome (look) of the surgery or that it assisted in healing. Did any of your surgeons have a similar view and how did your surgery turn out?

2.  I am curious if you returned to work within 2.5 weeks of surgery.  I sit all day long and do not have to lift anything heavier than my coffee and lunch bag.  I can sit w/ my legs propped up. 
what do you think?
3.  Have any of you used Dr. Capella or Hackensack univ. hosp?  What were your experiences?
Thanks so much for your input.
Darma
HolliBeth1
on 11/23/09 11:31 am - Millbrook, AL
We will be surgery buddies! I am having BL/BA, inner thigh lift and tummy tuck pulled again (mine gave a little...bad skin) on 12/16. I don't have any answers for you, but Good Luck!

Highest~ 267/ Surgery~ 253/Current~133/ GOAL 130
August 31, 2006 ~ Gastric Bypass~December 19, 2008 ~Tuck with muscle repair~December 16, 2009 ~ Tummy Tuck revision (loosened skin as a result of stretch marks), Mons reduction, Mini Inner Thigh Lift, BL/BA to Full C from AA :)~December 18, 2013 ~ Butt Lift and brachioplasty~Completed by Dr. Wang-Ashraf at Artisan Plastic Surgery in Atlanta, Georgia.
"No day, but today", RENT...Johnathan Larson

dw45
on 11/23/09 11:29 pm - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
I'm a surgery buddy too!  I'm sorry...I have no answers for you, but excited we share the same surgery date!

Best of luck to you!

DW

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

Most Active